Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Some bins remain on pavements because of a lack of space, that’s true, but plenty of others are there because householders CBA to put them in front gardens where there’s plenty of space. People see their neighbours not putting them back and think “ok, I’ll do likewise” - antisocial behaviour is contagious. 😷 
    • I presumed that HA's only manage the properties for the council who own them. It's certainly the case with some properties. They've gone way beyond their original purpose as a social landlord. L&Q for example manage that huge new build that replaced the Heygate. There's very little social or affordable housing on that plot now. The gentrification and social cleansing of London is in full swing and aided and abetted by HA's that once existed to provide housing for low income families and workers. It stinks and at the same time the likes of the new Heygate was being touted as a great opportunity to profiteer and was partly sold off plan to overseas investors and BTLL. The corruption that went on over that land was outrageous and blatant.
    • Oh God, I can already visualise this in an estate agent window: "nestled in the heart of the Upper Dulwich quadrant is this modest 7 bedroom 5 bathroom apartment...." And then overhearing a conversation, maybe at a posh cafe, along the lines of "well, I live in Upper Dulwich you know...yes it's a charming little place, only the 7 bedrooms but we get by... Nanny of course has the attic room..."
    • Mount Pleasant is the London Sorting Office (there is also one in Croydon but I think all London postcodes are handled by Mount Pleasant) . I don't however know how post box collections are organised or managed. There would be no logic however for that to be based out of Mount Pleasant.
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In