Anywhere open for lunch on Christmas Day this year??

Sue

11 hours ago, malumbu said:

Babur but maybe sold out

Thanks, but there's no public transport on Christmas Day.

I looked at the  Plough (thanks Beansprout), but last time we ate there the food was truly  appalling.

And we once went to a Burns Night there, admittedly years ago, which was like something out of Fawlty Towers.

So I don't really want to risk  paying  £85 a head plus drinks!

Oh well, live and learn, clearly I should have looked at all this long ago. We are at home this year, so will be starting the day  with drinks at the lovely Ivy House.

The Clock House (for some reason now The Clock House Tavern) has always been open on Christmas afternoon, so we thought we would book lunch there instead of getting home and having to cook, but the new management has decided not to open on Christmas or Boxing Day.

And I've missed the Waitrose (sorry) slots for the days when their Christmas food is available. Also M&S are either no longer providing a pick up in Lordship Lane for Christmas orders or else their slots are all full too.

So basically this is very poor organisation on my part and I only have myself to blame.

The only upside is that  I won't have to spend at least two days away from home  trying to avoid "discussions" with various relatives with different views from mine about various important things in the news.

Edited by Sue