Film Club

Emily1011

I plan Global Events for my day job (specifically parties in commercial aviation), when I’m not working from home I travel fairly frequently overseas for work and leisure, inherently curious, female in early 40s, long time East Dulwich dweller & I love films.

I’d be happy in starting up a small group (6 to 10 people) of keen cinema goers to watch a film and catch up after to discuss. No need for group seats or even sat together, can go alone and meet after, no expectations to join the chat either. 

Niche films at the BFI, the odd one off at Langley Park Box Club in Beckenham, retro cinema for the real junkie at Prince Charles, cheap flicks at Peckham Plex and some artisanal popcorn whilst at East Dulwich Picture House. 

This month I’ve seen The Outrun, Folie a deux and All of you. At home I’ve been re- watching the Batman films and patiently waiting and have downloaded The Penguin Series (4 episodes) for my Colombia flight - bloody excited for that watch! I’m into most genres, with the exception of horror. I am always listening to film podcasts too. An avid film lover, although not a film snob or film buff 🫨. 

I have no idea what this post may bring, ( if anything), I have little responsibilities other than to my employer, therefore I’m happy to put in the legwork.

Starting with a film a month from November at East Dulwich Picture House. 

Please contact me via direct message on here if this is something you’d be interested in. I can then establish a communication channel, a survey system of films to choose from and polls for collecting dates and times that work. 

Thanks 

Emily 

A local film club run monthly was established a couple of years ago but seems to have stopped, films shown upstairs at the Clockhouse, This was run by Chick who you may wish to reach out to - link is to the book club he is still running as can't find the link to the film group

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• The stipulation that only one vehicle can be registered and associated with the Blue Badge seems short-sighted. What if you need a carer or relative to take you somewhere, they may not always be the same person or car.
    • I think you are right re Southwark https://www.southwark.gov.uk/parking/disabled-parking/parking-with-a-blue-badge
    • If anybody is looking for a driving instructor in the area then I highly recommend Nick. Absolute legend. He helped me to a first time pass and in a very quick period of time. Anybody in the south east (Dulwich, Forest Hill, etc) I couldn’t recommend enough. Highly experienced instructor who really knows his stuff. https://nicholas-driving-academy-1.ueniweb.com/?utm_campaign=gmb
    • I have just complained as well. Complaints number is 03457 740 740 To speak to a person I think you have to choose "something else" in the menu, at least I did. Otherwise if memory serves you just have to key in a tracking number and get some automated response. I'm absolutely fuming. Yesterday I got one of the three tracked parcels supposed to be delivered yesterday. Then I got THREE notifications that delivery would be "attempted" on the next working day - but I'd already had one of the parcels. The "next working day" from yesterday is today. I was suspicious about this "attempt" thing, so thought I'd check out what was going on  Then when I phoned I was told  that delivery "could not be attempted" today. Though nobody had actually notified me of that. This "service" is an absolute joke. I've arranged redelivery over the phone for a day when I will be here, but I'm not holding my breath. Well that is clearly untrue, because 2 of my  3 48 hour tracked items due to be delivered yesterday have not been delivered. And I'm told that delivery was not even attempted. On 2 days running  If this is due to staff shortages, why don't they expletive deleted employ some  expletive deleted staff? I'm pretty sure there must be  lots of unemployed people signing on in Peckham 🤬  Surely they can't all be unsuitable to be posties?
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In