Royal Mail - late deliveries - what is happening?

I've looked through previous posts about this and realise how lucky we've been up until. now. But has anyone got advice about dealing with the very poor service from Royal Mail in the last few of weeks?

Last week after days and days without anything, including circulars (which we didn't miss), some post eventually arrived at about 4.30pm, with one or two envelopes pushed the letter box every 10 minutes or so over the course of about half an hour. Bizarre time to deliver and a bizarre way to deliver.

We can follow tracked items online, of course, but repeatedly Royal Mail claiming in the report that we are "inaccessible". This is completely untrue and each time this report has been made no body has tried to deliver, no postie could be seen in the street all morning, and at the time of the report is updated to 'inaccesible" somebody has always been in.

This morning I kept an eye on the front door at the same time as following an item out for special delivery which is supposed to before 1pm. As usual the item was marked as in transit (also presumably nonsense) all morning. No postie in street at all at any time this morning, and at 12.55pm the tracking info was updated to 'inaccessible".  Not true again. I was watching/listening out for the delivery all morning.

Any advice? Is there any point in leaving a complaint using Royal Mail's awful website? Or is it best to contact the possible delivery office?

Thanks

I've found phoning them to be effective.

The central complaints people,  not the delivery office.

They investigated and got back to me.

I wouldn't think your MP would be too happy if you hadn't gone down the Royal Mail complaints route first.

Edited by Sue