Halifax Staff Attempt to Collect My Daughter’s Personal Details to Access Her Child Trust Fund + disturbing phone message

Hi everyone , just for your information below

I want to share an important experience regarding my daughter’s recent visit to a bank in Halifax. She went in to obtain a new card since she just turned 18. While there, she met with a staff member in a side room to sort everything out.

During their conversation, the bank employee mentioned that she might have funds in a child trust account that she could withdraw. He offered to help her access it but then asked for her phone, added his Snapchat name, and said he would call her later that day.  

Fortunately, my daughter shared this with me, and I promptly reported the incident.  The manager assured me that the appropriate action would be taken, I have yet to check . 

Since then, I've been keeping a closer eye on her phone, and I recently noticed a disturbing WhatsApp conversation from a number in Nigeria ,my daughter engaged in the conversation and it really was disturbing 

We can never keep on top of it but we cant try.   

Dee

Was this a local Halifax branch?

Also, could your daughter change her phone number etc, or would that cause too many complications?

Edited by Sue