How do you contact Glazer Delmar Solicitors?

lilolil

I was about to post exactly the same! We paid them for services and I cannot track them down at all - via telephone numbers or email. According to Solicitor Regulation Authority they are still trading, but I don't know where and I don't know how to contact them. 

I'm worried that they have closed down and have our money. If anyone knows differently I would be really grateful to hear how to contact them

1 minute ago, C&J said:

They were bought out by a company called Clutton Cox.

T. 01454 312125  F. 01454 324682

A. Parliament House, 4 High Street, Chipping Sodbury, Bristol, BS37 6AH

Ok , thank you! I'll let my neighbour know

This is Law Central's South London website: https://lawcentral.co.uk/south-london-solicitors

Solicitors have strict rules about informing clients of changes when a solicitor leaves a firm, let alone when a company changes name, is shut down, or is bought out etc. If clients did not receive due notices they can make a complaint to the Solicitors' Regulation Authority (https://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/problems/).

It clearly isn't, given the state of the physical office. Very disappointing as it used to be a highly regarded firm. The firm's details on the SRA website are still showing as well. I would have another chat with the SRA and send photographs of the unoccupied building as well as the note on the premises if they continue to rely on their data records.

Also found an email contact: [email protected]

Below is a screenshot of the Law Central website re South London Solicitors, if this is useful for either locating them or dealing with the SRA:

image.thumb.png.6bbcdbe58d30c22115042750af4e1f97.png

Edited by IlonaM

• Joe changed the title to How do you contact Glazer Delmar Solicitors?
5 hours ago, C&J said:

They were bought out by a company called Clutton Cox.

T. 01454 312125  F. 01454 324682

A. Parliament House, 4 High Street, Chipping Sodbury, Bristol, BS37 6AH

Where did you get that information?

Someone further down the thread says that Clutton Cox say they have never heard of Glazer Delmar?!

They apparently have another office: https://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/register/organisation/?sraNumber=70939

A Firm can't simply close down without arrangements in place to store/access deeds (especially Wills) and other important documents they hold, unless they have arranged to return them to the owner. The Law Society or SRA should definitely be able to help.

Edited by Woodo

You would think a firm of solicitors would have more of a grip on how their clients could  contact them, under the circumstances, wouldn't you?

Could they not have put up a temporary website with contact details, or contacted individually every previous client with any kind of unfinished business with them?

Instead of, apparently, just a scrappy sign with a phone number on  outside their old building? A phone number which according to a post above is of no use in contacting anybody who can help?

Am I just being naive?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Mr Redmond took over my case 11 months ago, fortunately nothing urgent. I had a most unsatisfactory conversation with him earlier this year in which he assured me he would forward a chronological report of everything that had been done on my case. Still waiting at least 6 months on.  

1 hour ago, Sue said:

You would think a firm of solicitors would have more of a grip on how their clients could  contact them, under the circumstances, wouldn't you?

Could they not have put up a temporary website with contact details, or contacted individually every previous client with any kind of unfinished business with them?

Instead of, apparently, just a scrappy sign with a phone number on  outside their old building? A phone number which according to a post above is of no use in contacting anybody who can help?

Am I just being naive?

You're not being naive at all Sue. When I left solicitors' firms on changing jobs I had to write to every client with  an update and details of the solicitor taking over their case. Otherwise I would have been in breach of the Professional Conduct Rules. 

• Like 1

When I spoke to the SRA yesterday they told me that I would need to make a complaint to the Law Ombudsman. Looks like that can take about 12 weeks to process. Meanwhile Glazer Delmar still have my money and I can't get hold of them. As someone above said, Glazer Delmar is still registered with the SRA. All seems really odd.

2 hours ago, sjf1 said:

Mr Redmond took over my case 11 months ago, fortunately nothing urgent. I had a most unsatisfactory conversation with him earlier this year in which he assured me he would forward a chronological report of everything that had been done on my case. Still waiting at least 6 months on.  

That's appalling.

58 minutes ago, eMac said:

When I spoke to the SRA yesterday they told me that I would need to make a complaint to the Law Ombudsman. Looks like that can take about 12 weeks to process. Meanwhile Glazer Delmar still have my money and I can't get hold of them. As someone above said, Glazer Delmar is still registered with the SRA. All seems really odd.

That's also appalling.

• Like 1

If you're having difficulty getting any information from the presumed acquirers I'd suggest you try contacting the person who is their[1] effective owner (see attached extracts from CH records).     

[1] In fact owner of Clutton Cox Ltd, Abington Law Ltd, Law Central Ltd, Law 4 You Ltd, JMG Legal Ltd, ... 

Glass.txt

Edited by ianr
Footnote added

Clutton Cox must have heard of Glazer Delmar if 2 of their partners, Glass and Redmond, are registered with the SRA as working at Clutton Cox...

I'm not sure if Glazer Delmar were an LLP (doesn't look like it, but everything to do with this seems so fishy as it's too incompetent) however if not you should be able to choose any one or all of their partners and sue them personally if they refuse to return money or are/have been negligent. Have you checked your engagement letter also re complaints/disputes?

May be worth an email to Redmond and Glass asking for a prompt response as to what's happening failing which you will have to consider next steps?

Could be one to put on the MP's radar as this will be affecting a number of constituents....

• Agree 1