Dulwich Roads: engage brain before posting..

Rockets

Dulwich Roads have been up to it again, posting (deliberately?) misleading post to suit their agenda which actually led police to announce there was no fatality.

"A Met Police spokesperson: “One male has gone to hospital for treatment; we await confirmation on his condition but no fatalities."

Whomever is behind this account really needs to engage brain before posting, this is outside a school and would terrify any parent that may have seen this. They circulated incorrect and erroneous facts and did nothing to correct it - disgusting.

It's almost as if they are wishing for a far more tragic outcome to suit their narrative.

I see no problem in alerting the masses to serious accidents.  Almost 30,000 a year are killed or seriously injured each year on our roads, a number that has plateaued in recent years.  https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/reported-road-casualties-great-britain-annual-report-2022/reported-road-casualties-great-britain-annual-report-2022

I'm thankful that 20mph has been introduced throughout Southwark and neighbouring boroughs,

1 hour ago, malumbu said:

I see no problem in alerting the masses to serious accidents

I see every problem in 'alerting' the public to an event that's not, as described, taken place. Announcing a fatal accident (that wasn't) outside a school is like shouting 'fire' when there isn't one, in a crowded disco. It causes wholly unnecessary fear and distress. 

What this "correction"....which is correcting the location....?

The only person being misleading is whomever is behind the Dulwich Roads account....

Their first post is clearly designed to imply someone died which then forced the police to issue a statement that there were no fatalities - probably because of the understandable concern from parents with pupils at the school.

Utterly, utterly irresponsible and quite sickening from Dulwich Roads. But they have previous as they never bother to find out the facts - just excitedly post anything and everything to try to make their point.

Edited by Rockets

‘They circulated incorrect and erroneous facts and did nothing to correct it - disgusting.‘

But they did correct it? Immediately.

You chose to ignore this when you opened this thread on EDF three days later. You posted without context, to deliberately paint them in a bad light, and are now doubling down on a Twitter post …rather than highlight the very real problem of dangerous roads and drivers.

I’ve pointed out before, misleading, disingenuous posting does nothing to help any reasonable discussion or debate about these topics.

• Agree 1

Nonsense. They corrected the location. Nothing in that post does anything to address the rumour they created that someone died.

Any rational person would have removed the first post alluding to someone being killed.

But they didn't, why? They chose to leave it up.

They highlight bad/selfish motoring.  How on earth can anyone, apart from a few hard core motorists, take exception?  Well done to them.  Happy to forgive them if occasionally over zealous.  If I had a helmet can would have loved to have captured the driver doing 70 last Sunday evening on Brenchley overtaking a dozen slow  motorists.  Fortunately I could seek refuge on the pavement.  Funnily enough I don't look at X very often but thanks to the link to DR.

Dulwich Roads' posts are becoming more and more extreme and irrational.

Their call for pupils to be expelled from schools if their parents park badly is extreme, slighlty bizarre and a weird type of justice. Such a great idea ruining a child's education and future prospects because their parents parked badly.....but this probably speaks volumes about the person posting this nonsense.

Edited by Rockets

1 hour ago, Rockets said:

Dulwich Roads' posts are becoming more and more extreme and irrational.

Their call for pupils to be expelled from schools if their parents park badly is extreme, slighlty bizarre and a weird type of justice. Such a great idea ruining a child's education and future prospects because their parents parked badly.....but this probably speaks volumes about the person posting this nonsense.

But you're reducing parents people regularly verbally abusing other parents and staff and throwing No Parking signs into a hedge to 'parking badly' to suit your Partidge-isms. 

The head of Dulwich Prep has written to parents to say that this behavior is unacceptable and breaks their Parent Code. I imagine a serious transgression of that code means they no longer want your business. Assaulting staff is probably on that list. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Rockets said:

Dulwich Roads' ... call for pupils to be expelled from schools if their parents park badly is extreme, slighlty bizarre and a weird type of justice.

Incidentally, inspired by the OP to go and actually read the Dulwich Roads account, I actually found the Tweet that @Rockets  seems to be talking about. If I can get the formatting right, it is here: 

The tweet contains a letter from Dulwich Prep School to parents describing a recent incident in which a parent parked their car across an entrance, moved a school sign, argued with a neighbour and staff, threw a sign into a hedge, and generally acted like an aggro tit. DPS goes on to describe other "unacceptable behaviour" that goes against the school's values ethos like swearing and arguing in front of kids.

People can decide for themselves whether that is "call[ing] for pupils to be expelled from schools if their parents park badly"...

It is absolutely revolting that highly trained teaching staff are wasting time addressing the shitty behaviour of a few parents. Not the kids - the bloody parents!

Yup so let's expel the kids...that'll learn them!

Head: "You may be an exemplary student but I am afraid you are being expelled"

Student: "Why?"

Head: "Because your parent parks badly and is an angry idiot and Dulwich Roads thinks it's a good idea and they used two exclamation marks in their tweet because they are so angry about it".

Edited by Rockets
  • Like 1

Sorry, can you point out where I condone the behaviour? You might struggle because I don't and I wouldn't. You're trying to deflect and distract by making things up - again!

And what point are you (struggling) to make about a parent who can afford to send their children to that school....you get idiots across the whole spectrum of people. Or are you suggesting such behaviour is only expected of less wealthy people - because that is a prejudiced trope path you probably don't want to venture too far down?

Edited by Rockets
  • Thanks 1