We are in "one of UK's best places to live" 🤣

Sue

Springers on East Dulwich Grove was considered the poshest eatery back in the day. You got your meat and two vegs there and the owners were so lovely. I’ve very fond memories of Springers.

IMG_9931.jpeg

I was underaged at the time but I used to frequent this place with my best friend. It was the weirdest pub going but they had a live singer who was amazing. 
Casablanca Tavern, 78 East Dulwich Grove.

IMG_9932.jpeg

• Like 2

Definitely remember Edwards before they moved to Penge, but the exact location is blurred in my memory

But Walsh is definitely had the Oliver Bonas slot they sold mirrors as well in which I used to check myself as I passed. 

Edited by alice

1 hour ago, bubbachumps said:

Does anyone remember the International Cocktail Bar that used to be somewhere on Lordship Lane, perhaps near where Chipotle is now? Circa 2002!

?

Do you mean 'Liquorish' or was it actually a place called 'International Cocktail Bar' (in which case I definitely don't remember it)?

Edited by Earl Aelfheah

1 hour ago, bubbachumps said:

Does anyone remember the International Cocktail Bar that used to be somewhere on Lordship Lane, perhaps near where Chipotle is now? Circa 2002!

Yes, I remember that! Didn't last long. Can't remember the exact name. Was it where the Vietnamese now is?

Edited by pikeyed
Addition

I have to say, lovely as the nostalgia is - I do think East Dulwich is in many ways better today than it has ever been. Not least the fact that surrounding areas have also improved / become more interesting. Plus the introduction of the east London line and (controversial I know) Lime bikes, have made it easier / more convenient to get around than ever. 

Whilst it's true that we don't have a gun shop anymore, we do have lot's of other, lovely shops and eateries. 

Edited by Earl Aelfheah

28 minutes ago, Earl Aelfheah said:

?

Do you mean 'Liquorish' or was it actually a place called 'International Cocktail Bar' (in which case I definitely don't remember it)?

I don't remember an International Cocktail Bar, but I do remember Liquorish.

And also, Sea Cow! 

And also, where Poundland now is, used to be a DSS signing on place. 

Edited by Sue