PECAN Southwark food bank - help needed after burglary

Hello neighbours

as you may know, PECAN operates Southwark Foodbank, a food bank that serves and relies upon all of Southwark, including East Dulwich. They help hundreds of vulnerable people a month with fresh and stable food, basic hygiene necessities and other support. The level of need that exists in our community is unbelievable and PECAN’s work is literally a lifeline for some people.

unfortunately they need our help now more than ever. As they explained last night:

This Monday wasn’t a great start for us, as we had a break in at our Southwark Foodbank warehouse over the weekend. Unfortunately, large quantities of food, hygiene products, and a laptop were stolen. Sadly, the door and shutter were also damaged, leaving us with costly repairs. Now, our food stock is running low, and we are also faced with unexpected repair expenses. This situation tells us it is a challenging time for many.     
Therefore, we need your help and any support you can offer, whether through donations or other means, as it will make a difference to those who rely on us.   
⚠ Here's how you can support us: > Our Tesco Food Collection is on 12 –13 September, at the Old Kent Road branch, so if you are shopping on one of those days, please take a shopping list and donate if possible. > Or you can donate via Bankuet
https://lnkd.in/eGjE7V6x    Thank you - Southwark Foodbank and Pecan

Article from Southwark News here: https://southwarknews.co.uk/area/peckham/peckham-food-bank-ransacked-overnight-leaving-struggling-families-in-crisis/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

How low would you have to be to do something like this? 

I do hope the police are actually investigating this, there must be CCTV all over the place around there so it shouldn't be hard to find who's responsible. If they actually try...

• Like 1
  • Agree 2