Bad fish

I don't know if you have had fish & chips from the new fish shop in lordship lane. East dulwich. Called Joseph's. Well my and my wife went there the other day we had rock & chips. The chips was lovely but the fish was well over cooked and very greesy. I just could not eat the fish the batter was realy hard and the fish just taste like rope and dry. My wife's fish was just the same   but the batter on her one was harder . This was the first time I've been there and it will be  the last time.sorry this shop is not worth The prices they charge for their produce. I paid £ 29.90 for this load of crap. 

Edited by Norman selby
Missed spelt
  • Agree 1

I am amazed.  Josephs is not new, it has been there about 3 years?  I have had fish and chips from there a few times and rate their fish as some of the best I have ever had from a fish and chip shop.  Chips are great as well,  The portions are enormous and great value.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Norman selby said:

I don't know if you have had fish & chips from the new fish shop in lordship lane. East dulwich. Called Joseph's. Well my and my wife went there the other day we had rock & chips. The chips was lovely but the fish was well over cooked and very greesy. I just could not eat the fish the batter was realy hard and the fish just taste like rope and dry. My wife's fish was just the same   but the batter on her one was harder . This was the first time I've been there and it will be  the last time.sorry this shop is not worth The prices they charge for their produce. I paid £ 29.90 for this load of crap. 

You joined the forum two hours ago specifically to post this?

I haven't been there, but I have only previously read good things about Joseph's on here.

I'm also wondering if you took up your complaint with the shop. 

If so, what did they say?

If not, why not? Especially given that you had paid nearly thirty pounds, it would seem the obvious thing to do, to ask for a replacement or your money back?

• Like 2

Love Joseph’s fish and chips - always had fresh fish and tasty, it’s our go to place for fish and chips now.

Also really helpful friendly staff so if you were not happy I’m sure they would have love to have heard your feedback.

• Like 1

Longer users of the forum!

Did  "crushed and devalued" spring to anybody's mind when they read the OP, or was it just me?

Edited by Sue
Clarification
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Norman selby said:

So... what happened when you expressed your disgruntlement directly to the establishment?

• Like 2

As everyone has stated, Josephs might be expensive but in terms of sizing and quality, never had a bad meal from them. In fact they are so generous with their food that we order 2 fish and one portion of chips as servings are very large. Ordered food from them last week and got usual good quality stuff.

3 hours ago, sebastiondangerfield said:

Rock’ is only dog fish. Most anglers throw them back

And dog fish is actually a small shark species. Very different taste and texture to the cod family.

If you'd been expecting cod then the rock would have been disappointing. But it is what it is. 

Edited by Penguin68

Is it just me or is the title of this thread weird?    Not a good sign when the subject heading is not clear.  Is this  a decline in our use of the English language?  A thread in it's own right.

Reminds me of the Badwolf line running through the Dr Who's of Ecclestone  and Tenant.  Perhaps Rose in the parallel universe can understand what badfish is and save our world.

https://tardis.fandom.com/wiki/Bad_Wolf_(entity)

On 08/09/2024 at 15:21, malumbu said:

Is it just me or is the title of this thread weird?    Not a good sign when the subject heading is not clear.  Is this  a decline in our use of the English language?  A thread in it's own right.

Reminds me of the Badwolf line running through the Dr Who's of Ecclestone  and Tenant.  Perhaps Rose in the parallel universe can understand what badfish is and save our world.

https://tardis.fandom.com/wiki/Bad_Wolf_(entity)

Not a good sign when it's is used instead of its, malumbu.

Its! It's its! Not it's 🤣

Definite sign of decline there

😛

Sorry admin, as you were. I notice the OP has not posted again in response to any of the comments 

Very fishy.

Edited by Sue
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1