Items accepted by local food banks

Sorry to start another thread on food banks, but I've done a search and none of the existing threads seem relevant  to  this specific issue.

I have several canned items which are past their "best before"  (but not sell by)  dates by one or two years - specifically, jackfruit in water and coconut milk.

I'm sure they are fine to eat, and I would use them myself, but my diet has changed and I'm highly unlikely to.

To save me phoning round, does anybody know if local food banks would accept them?

I second the Olio suggestion. Just download the App and register. The Albrighton food bank does have a telephone number  - 0207737 6186  is the number of the community centre, so that might be it.

Edited by Azalea
Addition
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• In case anyone finds one, my daughter lost her Iphone XS whole playing football in the park after school. Also reaching out to the park and her school (Prendergast) in case its been handed in. Thanks!
    • The reality is that private education also helps reduce the burden on state schools. I think it's a bit unfair that families paying for private schools should be penalised as they already are paying towards state education via their taxes. Whats the government is doing with vat increase is to make private education even more elitist. And for people who call for a ban private of education, using the same logic we should also ban private healthcare.
    • The students it will impact the most will be the students coming from the private schools to the state schools.  I think the majority of parents who are earning closer to average salaries will explore an array of options, such as taking out loans via remortgaging their homes, renting, forgoing summer holidays etc. Remember there are also online/virtual schools in the UK which offer full time curriculums from ages 4-19 with virtual 'live 'classes and they are taking off.  Even with the 20 percent increase in fees and the perhaps the additional cost of paying for someone to mind the child whilst they are learning at home, they will probably still be cheaper than an in-person private school in London. I reckon some parents may already be exploring these options rather than placing their children into an undersubscribed local state school.      
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In