Postal Issues

Haven’t received any post for the last two weeks. Anyone else having the same issue?

Know it used to be like this a while ago but seemed resolved. Seems impossible to check if there’s a problem via Royal Mail website. If there is a way would appreciate the info.

No letters but have got a couple of small parcels.  I tried phoning royal mail and eventually got through after a 30min wait, the idiot management allowed everyone to go on holiday at the same time and didnt arrange cover, muppets. For anything urgent i was told you can go to the peckham delivery centre. Ive missed birthday cards sent first class over a week ago. 

I advise everyone I know DONT use royal mail for any letters/cards.   

Edited by Starsy
updates

1 hour ago, Starsy said:

No letters but have got a couple of small parcels.  I tried phoning royal mail and eventually got through after a 30min wait, the idiot management allowed everyone to go on holiday at the same time and didnt arrange cover, muppets. For anything urgent i was told you can go to the peckham delivery centre. Ive missed birthday cards sent first class over a week ago. 

I advise everyone I know DONT use royal mail for any letters/cards.   

I've had a number of packages, including medication. I haven't noticed not getting any letters, but I wasn't particularly expecting anything through the post.

What can you use instead of Royal Mail for letters and cards?

If what you say about their annual leave is true, senior management should be made aware. That's just total incompetence, unless there are factors we don't know about.

[OTOH :) ] Yes, there are obvious signs of 'rotating' deliveries, ie skipping some days, as at https://www.royalmail.com/service-update.  I think they may have amended their criterion for reporting of Delivery Offices affected-- only three in the latest lists -- to now just "the offices most affected". (And several long-overdues, including last week's Eye)

Edited by ianr

I was told that there had been issues because of the bank holiday weekend and posties are on holiday (which they are entitled to be of course) but sounds like management of shifts and hire of relief workforce a bit all over the place.

Post very hit and miss my way.

19 hours ago, Dulwich dweller said:

No problems here at the Gardens. We see the postman everyday bar bank holiday and Sunday's.

You are nearer to the delivery office there, aren't you? I wonder if that's why? 

• Like 1

We are on upland road and have had nothing for two weeks. Neighbour has just been over, spoke to a parcel delivery driver for Royal Mail this morning. Apparently the Peckham rye sorting office is, to quote ‘in meltdown and the manager couldn’t care less’. How about we all post on x on the Royal Mail feed at a fixed time and bombard them with the same complaint? 

1 hour ago, Sue said:

You are nearer to the delivery office there, aren't you? I wonder if that's why? 

Here's me thinking it was because of the posh street name and exclusive location 😁

Seriously, you may have a point. We always seem to have a small PO van parked up here of a morning and for an hour or two sometimes whilst the postie do their rounds. We used to have a regular bloke for quite a while but not for the last month now. It can be one of two others that seem to chop and change. Next time i get a chance i will ask one of them what their new routine is. I do think that they're actually delivering more small packages and fliers etc than they are actual letters. So much of what was regular post is now doable online. Rent statements, utility bills etc. Actually thinking about it i can't remember the last time i received a paper bill or invoice.

17 hours ago, Dulwich dweller said:

Here's me thinking it was because of the posh street name and exclusive location 😁

Seriously, you may have a point. We always seem to have a small PO van parked up here of a morning and for an hour or two sometimes whilst the postie do their rounds. We used to have a regular bloke for quite a while but not for the last month now. It can be one of two others that seem to chop and change. Next time i get a chance i will ask one of them what their new routine is. I do think that they're actually delivering more small packages and fliers etc than they are actual letters. So much of what was regular post is now doable online. Rent statements, utility bills etc. Actually thinking about it i can't remember the last time i received a paper bill or invoice.

If there are fewer letters then it ought to be easier and faster to deliver them…! 

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, Nigello said:

If there are fewer letters then it ought to be easier and faster to deliver them…! 

But there are more, bulky, profitable parcels to deliver, many tracked and requiring scanning etc. These take up the efforts of posties who would otherwise be walking much easier to deliver letter post.

And the staffing and recruitment for the woefully misnamed Dulwich DO in Peckham is appalling and the management appears to be anecdotally inept and uncaring. 

We are also missing a number of letters. 

Yesterday I also had a Royal Mail guy hand me a parcel that was for someone on a completely different road. I had to run out and stand in front of his van in order to hand it back (he clearly was not going to take it back easily). 

I don't know what's going on, but they seem to just want to dump the stuff anywhere and run. It's a really, really poor service.

i) Post Office not taking big parcels at present, Forest Hill Road and Nunhead

ii) ED Post Office being totally unhelpful and trying to get people to use Parcelforce in stead at their eye watering prices to Europe

iii) Apparent withdrawal of 2nd Class parcel postage to Europe 

iv) Attempting to charge silly prices to send a small parcel to Europe

V) Not being permitted to send a box of chocolates to Europe, damn Brexit