Lost Evri Delivery 27/08/24 ?

Has anyone received an Evri delivery specifically a ‘pretty little thing’ delivery yesterday (27/08/24) ?

Evri have said they delivered the package to the delivery address (SE22 9DL)  and provided proof of delivery, but photo proof is not my house. 

Thanks you if anyone can help or recognise the photo. 

IMG_7357.jpeg

Stating the obvious, sorry, but surely Evri must realise that a postcode covers more than one house?

In my street it is the whole of one side of the street.

You could try asking at every house on your side of the road, or putting a note through the doors?

But ultimately, surely Evri have to take responsibility for misdelivery? Or the retailer who employed them to deliver your package to your specific address, not just anywhere within the postcode.

Edited by Sue

39 minutes ago, Sue said:

Stating the obvious, sorry, but surely Evri must realise that a postcode covers more than one house?

In my street it is the whole of one side of the street.

You could try asking at every house on your side of the road, or putting a note through the doors?

But ultimately, surely Evri have to take responsibility for misdelivery? Or the retailer who employed them to deliver your package to your specific address, not just anywhere within the postcode.

From my experience, the first thing Evri will do is suggest you, the one expecting the parcel, go knocking on neighbouring doors to try to find it yourself whilst ensuring you they're looking in to the matter (which, again from experience, means they're not really).

I recently had a delivery go astray and only by own detective work looking at the surroundings in the picture taken managed to figure out where it might have gone.  It was frustrating as I had received various messages advising it was going to be delivered shortly, they couldn't deliver, would retry tomorrow to it's been delivered (no knocking or even opening of our squeaky gate) all in the space of 5 mins.

From their point of view, the item was delivered, even incorrectly and it's a right headache to try to get things sorted.

Hopefully you have nice neighbours and someone will pop by with your package! 🙂

• Like 1