PCNs issued in legitimate parking spaces

Moovart

Has anyone received a PCN despite being parked in a legitimate parking space along and adjacent to Lordship Lane shopping area? 

The most recent for me has been in the parking bay opposite Bells Bathrooms at the junction with Whateley Road.

Just trying to gauge how much work is being generated for Southwark in having to deal with challenges to incorrectly issued PCNs by overzealous parking wardens.

You're right, I've seen a number of cars slapped in that same spot in recent weeks (opposite bells bathrooms). I notice it because I live nearby... they never used to enforce it but technically not allowed to park where there are zig zag lines approaching a zebra crossing..wish they could make it more obvious as looks like a legit place to park otherwise!

You have to watch out on zig zag lines. Only parking wardens can get you for supposedly bad parking (like overshooting a space that's too small onto the pavement). Parking on zig zags is a different category. Anyone can report you to the police because it's supposedly a "safety" issue. An attack on drivers is what I call it.

But avoid those like the plague because there are motorist hating busybodies around Dulwich who can't wait to dob you in.

Where the parking bay has been intentionally positioned between the lines and the pavement, it is a parking bay.  That's how it was built when the crossing was put in and the pavement built out some years ago.

There are parking bays where the lines are painted into the bays and, in that case, the bays can't be used at all.  There is a bay like that in Dulwich Village.  But the one on lordship lane is not one of those.  It could be one of those if that's what Southwark wants but they would need to repaint the lines or turn the bay into a pavement. 

This ticketing in legitimate parking spaces has only started recently in ED since the recent employment of a large number of attendants on Lordship Lane. I imagine it is generating a lot of extra work in dealing with challenges given the number of people suddenly being ticketed. There is a cost to that.  I'm interested to know is that cost covered by the ticketing company or Southwark.

8 hours ago, raptortruckman69 said:

But avoid those like the plague because there are motorist hating busybodies around Dulwich who can't wait to dob you in.

I'm not fond of entitled motorists that couldn't give a cuss about other road users and the safety of people as a whole.  Do you tick that box?

I could spend my whole life dobbing people in but I have a life, although with some comments here it would be useful to have a helmet/body/dash cam. 

I've no sympathy for those who I do class as entitled and I speak from experience of someone who has penalty notices in the past, usually for not checking rather than taking the p.