Why is mobile coverage so bad in and around Dulwich Village?

4 hours ago, Rockets said:

I really thing this is something councillors should be getting involved with as everyone is frustrated by it

You're frustrated by it - that doesn't mean everyone else is.

I don't think bickering with private phone companies to improve service for the residents of leafy Dulwich Village (oh no! My garden is so big I'm too far from a mast!) is a good use of councillors' limited time. Better they stick to things directly relevant to Southwark's remit, like social care, libraries, parks, youth activities and persecuting a neo-Stalinist War on Motorists.™

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Dogkennelhillbilly

The council's remit also covers planning applications. It is  planning refusals for new masts that has resulted in the not-spot in the area. It's not just DV but a much wider area.

If you do have mobile phone do you know  which mast you are getting your signal from and based on your handle, I'm guessing that with the DKH handle you connect to the one at Champion Hill. Lucky you!

cel2.jpg

16 minutes ago, vladi said:

The council's remit also covers planning applications. It is  planning refusals for new masts that has resulted in the not-spot in the area.

The networks don't accept there's a not spot.

What applications and refusals in Dulwich Village are we talking about specifically? The only one mentioned so far was last year - and the reasons for binning it seem pretty reasonable.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Dogkennelhillbilly said:

I don't think bickering with private phone companies to improve service for the residents of leafy Dulwich Village (oh no! My garden is so big I'm too far from a mast!) is a good use of councillors' limited time. Better they stick to things directly relevant to Southwark's remit, like social care, libraries, parks, youth activities and persecuting a neo-Stalinist War on Motorists.™

But don't let your prejudice blinker your opinion...ahem

The councillors spent time lobbying to retain the ATM at the Post Office so the Village'ites could withdraw their gold bullion - so if they can do that they can represent the needs of their constituents by lobbying to improve mobile provision for those who live, work and play in the area. But let's hope they do a better job because of course the day after the photo op saying they had saved the ATM it it was removed.....much to the embarrassment of the councillors….

Edited by Rockets