HG Harold George

Just picked up on the LTN discussion that this hairdressers in Dulwich Village has closed. While some have blamed the LTN, there is another post that says there is a notice in the window from Dulwich Estates stating the lease has been forfeited "as a result of illegal assignment/subletting". 

Does anyone know any more?

Edited by Jenijenjen
Incorrect title

• Jenijenjen changed the title to HG Harold George
On 06/08/2024 at 10:53, Jenijenjen said:

Dulwich Estates stating the lease has been forfeited "as a result of illegal assignment/subletting". 

Some of hairdressing industry works by renting chairs, which maybe the overlords in Dulwich Towers don't like.

• Like 1

Dear all, understandably there are many rumours flying around about the salon. As the owner of HG Dulwich Village, I can confirm that the salon is open. Both we and The Dulwich Estate have been working together over the past few months to ensure a smooth transition, however unforeseen delays occurred which were the reason for temporarily closing. Our relationship with The Dulwich Estate remains strong and we are excited about the future of HG Dulwich Village and are committed to continuing to serve our valued clients. Wishing you all the best, Maria 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good to clarify and hopefully all publicity is good publicity.  Perhaps those quick to speculate, particularly that this was an issue about the LTN, may wish to acknowledge they were wrong.  And not jump to conclusions.  I'll be criticised for being patronising but it needs to be said.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, malumbu said:

Good to clarify and hopefully all publicity is good publicity.  Perhaps those quick to speculate, particularly that this was an issue about the LTN, may wish to acknowledge they were wrong.  And not jump to conclusions.  I'll be criticised for being patronising but it needs to be said.

I think you will find I was not wrong about the LTN being an issue for Harold George.  If you think the LTN's are not an issue for the shops in DV ask in the Post Office, the Chemist, the Art shop, the Bookshop and the Dry Cleaners as well.

Whilst the LTN may well be an issue for Harold George and other businesses, this is not the same as the salon closing down because they were a "casualty" of the LTN which is what you have you have stated elsewhere.

The current owner only took over a few months ago which suggests the business is viable despite the LTN.

• Agree 3