challenging a parking fine?

The space was very short. I didn't want to block the road so I pulled forwards a lot, and got a fine for being on the pavement. They have made it so there's always something they can use to extract money.

I tried to rationally discuss it with the parking warden but he wouldn't budge.

No excuse.  I wish they'd have stronger enforcement.  And this is from experience as I've had my fair share of fines in the dim and distance past where I took too many liberties 

Edited by malumbu
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, raptortruckman69 said:

The space was very short. I didn't want to block the road so I pulled forwards a lot, and got a fine for being on the pavement. They have made it so there's always something they can use to extract money.

I tried to rationally discuss it with the parking warden but he wouldn't budge.

OK, I'll bite.

If the space was too short for your car, why would  you park there?

Why would you not get a fine, if you were partly  parked on the pavement?

But a strange post for a "new poster", as I can't see what possible reason you could have for challenging a fine in the circumstances you describe, so I am suspicious as well ....

Edited by Sue

Well I saw some similar posts and thought maybe I could get some help. All I get is anti motorist vitriol. I paid a lot of money for a nice car. Amazing deduction, going to tell me my age next??? I pay all my road and fuel taxes, I should be able to park in a designated parking spot.

I see people parking on double yellow lines all the time blocking traffic but I come here and find the lycra Mafia out in force cackling with glee over Southwark fleecing another motorist, for parking in a parking spot.

You're cyclists I am convinced.

At least a few of you were helpful: I suppose I'll have to eat the fine and keep a better lookout for traffic wardens in future.

Pavements are for pedestrians.  Yes it is frustrating seeing other people flout the law.  I'm posting from the view of someone who got multiple fines in the past who has long since realised that it was wrong to park inconsiderately, speed etc.  ultimately you got it wrong so blame yourself rather than others.  

• Agree 1

Pavement parking is a ticketing incident across London, Unfortunately if your vehicle won't quite fit a space without infringing the pavement then the only choice is to use a different parking spot. Not always easy in a busy area. 

Personally I think you would be unsuccessful at appeal as the Warden will have photographed your vehicle being partially on the pavement and not fitting the parking spot isn't a defence. 

Good luck trying 

• Agree 1