East Dulwich Resident - your stuff is dumped in my street

I have found a pile of stuff dumped in our street. This happens regularly and it annoys me. In this case the dumper has left suitcases, household waste, dilapidated furniture and other crap. Two of the items have an address in Ardbeg Road where East Dulwich Resident lived until two days ago when she moved out.

So does anybody know her and/or know where she's moved to?

When I track her down I'll be encouraging her to collect her stuff from my street.

Charlie

0742 961 1696

you could try knocking at the former address that you have, asking the remaining tenants/neighbours if there's a forwarding address because you're visiting/have a package for her.

find out who lets the property/agent and say you'll call the police of they don't give you the forwarding address.

Is it not a possibility that the new tenants have dumped Laura's stuff and that she is not in fact the guilty party? Admittedly why she would have left stuff in a flat she was leaving is also debatable but she may not be a fly tipper at least.

The waste was dumped in my street, not in the street where she lived. Someone has pulled up in a van, unloaded loads of rubbish onto the street and driven off.

I have had experience of reporting to the council before. Without proof they can do nothing.

Charlie

She was previously a tenant renting via Foxtons, and Foxtons have her mobile number so I just popped in there, showed them the photo of the dumped rubbish, and they have agreed to call her and hopefully appeal to her to remove her crap.

Watch this space...

Charlie

A friend of mine had a similar experience. It turns out the man and a van who she hired and paid to dispose of her rubbish took it from her house and then just dumped it a few streets down the road. Could be what has happened here ?!

well it's down to Laura to sort it out, via anybody she hired or otherwise. she didn't pass-on ownership of the crap.

what Willjac described happened to me once, a guy knocked on my door having seen the trash in my front yard (which was steadily building-up, waiting for a neighbour who'd offered space in a skip he was gonna get anyway). the guy offered to load it into his van round the corner for ?15 and could he borrow a couple of my wheelie bins with his mate to cart the trash around there. seemed a good deal. he came for money, when I asked about all the mess strewn across the pavement he said the mate had gone to get a broom and everything will be left tidy shortly. later when I realised ti shadn't been done, I ended-up sweeping the mess up along pavement and round corner - where I found evidence that my stuff had been dumped over someone back wall at the end of the block (they'd used a chair I'd got rid of to do this). open-bracket unts.

Isn't a contract made at some point then broken

Don't know anything about that sort of law though :)

KidKruger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> well it's down to Laura to sort it out, via

> anybody she hired or otherwise. she didn't

> pass-on ownership of the crap.

>

> what Willjac described happened to me once, a guy

> knocked on my door having seen the trash in my

> front yard (which was steadily building-up,

> waiting for a neighbour who'd offered space in a

> skip he was gonna get anyway). the guy offered to

> load it into his van round the corner for ?15 and

> could he borrow a couple of my wheelie bins with

> his mate to cart the trash around there. seemed a

> good deal. he came for money, when I asked about

> all the mess strewn across the pavement he said

> the mate had gone to get a broom and everything

> will be left tidy shortly. later when I realised

> ti shadn't been done, I ended-up sweeping the mess

> up along pavement and round corner - where I found

> evidence that my stuff had been dumped over

> someone back wall at the end of the block (they'd

> used a chair I'd got rid of to do this).

> open-bracket unts.

I thought I had this sorted earlier with the very kind help of Foxtons Lordship Lane, and had Southwark News journalist calling me for details of the story.

Unfortunately, for now, the crap is still in my street.

Will pursue leads again in the morning and when I have it resolved I will post an update, including naming and shaming the company that decided it was easier to dump the stuff in my road than take it to the dump.

And yes, I am a man, and no, I am not going to assume the identity of a female East Dulwich resident (that's for Sunday evenings at the special club I attend).

Charlie

char1i3 Wrote:

> I thought I had this sorted earlier with the very

> kind help of Foxtons Lordship Lane, and had

> Southwark News journalist calling me for details

> of the story.

I'll look out for the write-up.

For what still baffles me is why you don't just ring the council. They have vans for removing rubbish and, more importantly, can investigate fly-tipping without it looking creepy. Your apparent opinion that the council would be insufficiently vengeful may have some validity, but as they have the right and resources to issue fines and prosecute people and you, I'm guessing, don't, it looks a touch more disturbing than reasonable.

Assuming that it is a company responsible and not, say, a landlord, agent, contractor, partner, ex-partner or acquaintance of previous good character, I still don't see how you've got any further. You might be able to spill some green ink in their direction, assuming they're an actual company at all, and not a card in a bus-shelter and a pay-as-you-go phone, but you'll still have a street full of rubbish.

When clearing out my in laws house, we hired a contractor to take the stuff away to an approved site. About a week later we got a letter from Lambeth Council asking why we had dumped our stuff on Peabody Hill. We rang them and they came and took the leaflet we still retained of the contractor, asked him to pick up some stuff at an address and had a gang of people waiting on Peabody Hill to nab him. Lambeth were very grateful for the info as this guy had beenfly dumping all over the borough.

Update:

Here's what was dumped:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/charliemoseley/20130731_185553_zpse929c359.jpg

I spoke to Foxtons who manage the property where the individual was a tenant yesterday morning and explained what happened. Tanya at Foxtons was very good and made some calls to the landlord of the property. Apparently the landlord paid a company to remove the goods which had been left in his flat, and the company dumped all the tenant's stuff in my road.

This morning the rubbish has all been collected. I would now like to find out which company dumped rubbish on my street. Tanya is now on holiday. I will keep trying to find out and will name and shame them when I do.

Burbage, regarding my opinion on the council, I believe they don't work as hard as me, and in my experience if one wants to take action against a company or individual that has dumped rubbish one needs to do it oneself.

Charlie

char1i3 Wrote:

Tanya is now on holiday.

UPDATE:

Tanya is now in the Magaluf airport arivals hall, wondering where the fook her luggage is...

http://www.planking.me/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/294248_10150419605204560_506064559_8029567_23021024_n-e1320061827499.jpg