Jamaican Vibes Cuisine in Lordship Lane

Just had this delicious Jamaican street food which has popped up on the forecourt of the now closed Dulwich Beer Dispensary, corner of Melford Road and Lordship Lane.

Jerk chicken, Curry Goat, Rice and Peas etc.

Robert, the chef, is there on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 2-10pm.

Nice to see this forecourt being used for something new to this part of Lordship Lane.IMG_20240719_205806730_HDR2.thumb.jpg.01150570b56d6fd49b54a3cb408fe8eb.jpgIMG_20240719_210513073_HDR2.thumb.jpg.3771cd95decceee49e1ce2b898f68b1a.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Moovart said:

Just had this delicious Jamaican street food which has popped up on the forecourt of the now closed Dulwich Beer Dispensary, corner of Melford Road and Lordship Lane.

Jerk chicken, Curry Goat, Rice and Peas etc.

Robert, the chef, is there on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 2-10pm.

Nice to see this forecourt being used for something new to this part of Lordship Lane.IMG_20240719_205806730_HDR2.thumb.jpg.01150570b56d6fd49b54a3cb408fe8eb.jpgIMG_20240719_210513073_HDR2.thumb.jpg.3771cd95decceee49e1ce2b898f68b1a.jpg

How much did it cost?

4 hours ago, Dulwich dweller said:

Thanks. That's quite pricey.

It does seem quite a lot for something from a stall. Are there still seats outside what was the Beer Dispensary to eat it at? 

It looks good though. I hope his cooking is better than his spelling (ocassions ?!) 🤣

Why don't people get someone who can spell to check over things before they get them printed? I know it's not important in the great scheme of things, but it offends my nitpicking aka attention to detail side 🤣

Edited by Sue

2 hours ago, Sue said:

It does seem quite a lot for something from a stall

That was my first thought. Then again he may be having to fork out quite a bit for the pitch?

2 hours ago, Sue said:

Are there still seats outside what was the Beer Dispensary to eat it at? 

Not sure as i haven't been up that bit for a while now.

2 hours ago, Sue said:

Why don't people get someone who can spell to check over things before they get them printed? I know it's not important in the great scheme of things, but it offends my nitpicking aka attention to detail side 🤣

:classic_laugh:

I think he's going to have problems with this location, though I wish him well and I hope I'm wrong, but it seemed to be  a bad location for the beer dispensary.

There's very little passing trade, there's hardly anywhere to park if you wanted to pick up something in a car and take it home, and it's quite a long way to walk from the main part of East Dulwich.

Personally, good wishes to Robert on his venture, he has got off his derrière, found potentially a niche market and hopefully doesn't give a jott about sofa surfers nitpicking comments. 

Setting up a new business is tough and we should be supporting him, not trying to rip his legs out from under him. 

If you think you can do better for less and still make a living then go into competition against him. 🤔

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

Personally, good wishes to Robert on his venture, he has got off his derrière, found potentially a niche market and hopefully doesn't give a jott about sofa surfers nitpicking comments. 

Setting up a new business is tough and we should be supporting him, not trying to rip his legs out from under him. 

If you think you can do better for less and still make a living then go into competition against him. 🤔

Yes, of course setting up a new business is tough.

I haven't seen anything on here which suggests anybody is "trying to rip his legs out from under him".

I sincerely hope that I am proved wrong about the unsuitability of his location for a lone street food stall, and that he can also make a good living from catering for parties etc.

My nitpicking comment was a joke, in case it wasn't obvious 🙄 

• Like 2

On 24/07/2024 at 14:57, Spartacus said:

This is a forum for comment and discussion. Do you only write positive things when offering opinions? Saying an offering of food is a bit pricey isn't ripping any ones legs from beyond them unless the person who's interpreted that way is an idiot and easily swayed. It isn't so easy supporting a new business if their product is rather pricey, rather scant and can be bought cheaper elsewhere in the area.

I take it that you'll be supporting Jamaican vibes by treating yourself and your family to something that you can purchase cheaper at another DULWICH business  🙄

• Agree 1