American presidential race

malumbu

Was planning to put something up on Biden, his diminishing chances of re-election and my worries and frustration over this.  I am sure we don't get the full story but his gaffes continue.

Yesterday's assignation attempt on Trump makes it even more likely that he will return to the White House, three people on the Kuennsberg programme yesterday including the presenter herself referred to him as 'President Trump', rather than Mr or 'former President' Trump,  At least Biden only called him Vice President!

There is a certain irony as Trump and the republicans do not want tighter gun controls and are responsible for much of the toxicity we see in politics nowadays.  The former Tory advisor got it spot on when the availability of firearms in the US a bonkers situation.  And talking on toxicity why on earth did the Beeb go straight to Farage on Kuennsberg, when all he will do is tout his usual lines that it is all the fault of the woke liberal media, and a special name check for one of our locals, Jo Brand.  

Warning, lots of woke BBC references in the attached: https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2019/jun/13/police-investigate-jo-brands-battery-acid-remark

On Googling there are plenty of links to GB news and Farage's FB, but can't bring myself to post these let alone read them.  How woke is that?

Edited by malumbu

Malumbu, apparently all ex presidents are referred to as "president".

American presidents, that is.

Who knows why. Seems somewhat confusing.

Edited by Sue