Call for potential witnesses/video: pickpocketing incident outside 10 Underhill Rd SE22 0AH on Monday 10/06/24 between 1330-1335c

I don't know what is going on with crime and incidents on Underhill recently, but I was wondering whether neighbours local to 10 Underhill Road might be able to check their cctv/Ring doorbell footage again, please. Or perhaps you saw something at the time?

The police were knocking on doors on Thursday evening (11th July) regarding an incident which happened between 1330 and 1335c on 10th June 2024 directly outside 10 Underhill Rd. They agreed that I could post a call for potential witnesses on the Forum.

A local resident in his 80s was approached by a young woman in her 30s-40s as he was walking home, up Underhill Rd in the direction of Melford. She approached him and gave him a hug. Being a friendly, neighbourly, elderly gentleman he hugged her back (probably thinking he must know her) and during the hug she picked his pocket. He has obviously been left quite shaken by the incident.

Your Ring camera/cctv might have captured the elderly gentleman walking up Underhill Rd past Bradbury Oak House and number 8, followed by the woman, the incident itself outside number 10, or what happened next. Any description or footage of the suspect would be very helpful.

I am waiting for an email from one of the officers who might be able to provide a reference number, but otherwise 101 or Dulwich Wood SNT would be grateful for any information or footage.

• Sad 1