Urgent reading glasses - where on ED?

brilliant - thank you all.

We got some from the big Sainsbury - it was quite late so I was very happy.

I'm going to check out the suggestions and get some spares 🙂

After the age of 50 or so I would strongly advise visiting 'proper' opticians at least every couple of years, particularly if your sight is changing. They can check for e.g. glaucoma (internal eye pressure) - which is symptomless initially but if left untreated can lead to blindness (but which is readily treatable). But no reason otherwise why simple magnifying lenses to aid reading shouldn't be bought at very much cheaper prices. 

• Agree 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Hello all, My name is Romani and I am a Masters Student at University College London (UCL) and Anna Freud.  I am conducting a 5 minute survey on well-being and perceived social support in pregnancy.  This project consists of completing a short online questionnaire anonymously. This study is being done to understand how well-being may change in certain pregnancy trimesters and if social support interventions can be the answer to preventing declines in well-being during pregnancy and mental illness. There is a chance to win a £25 online voucher for participating in the survey. Completing the survey would be much appreciated. The survey below has more info on the project and the survey if you wish to complete. Congrats on your pregnancy!  https://qualtrics.ucl.ac.uk/jfe/form/SV_beFq1hZQG4gF7zo  
    • Link to this?  I'll post Kuennsberg (spelling) link from this morning later.
    • So for those families that can't afford to send children with special needs to private schools it's OK for them to get 'inferior' education? The Guardian article appears quite vague on reductions in numbers at private schools as this is happening in state schools too as the birth rate declines. Do those children going into reception at 4 count as compulsory school age?  If so surely those that go private will be subject to VAT  On the comment on state school class sizes it's shocking that numbers are larger than when I was at school.  I'd like to think that Labour had done a proper assessment.  The dieing days of the Tories was shocking, we want this policy, government analyists "poor return on assessment", government policy heads "this won't work" - ministers and SPADs - "just do it".  Hoping Labour will be different despite too many early blemishes and poor decisions eg gifts. Telegraph is hardly going to support Labour.  Headlines yesterday amused me.   One in four pensioners over 80 will not get winter fuel payment.  So, Daily Express they aren't short of money.  And according to the Mail we are giving the Falklands back.  Not that it would bother me, apart from (Port) Stanley is always a good answer on Pointless.  But Labour would be silly if this was a policy. Ok, got into politics, and as said time will tell. Ps poor poor handling by Labour on winter fuel allowance     
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In