Does anyone know if there are blood tests again? - see update below

See updated comment further down the thread. 

Hi, 

I was the person who posted the topic of no blood tests being done - see blood tests.

However, before I was told they were not doing tests due to being hacked I'd made an appointment for a test tomorrow morning. I'd assumed it wasn't happening even though I was never told it was cancelled, but now I've just received a text reminding me that i have an appointment tomorrow.

This is a real pain as i have something on tomorrow but also need the test. Can anyone tell me if tests are happening again or if i turn up I'll be wasting my time. 

thanks

Edited by sandyman

thanks everyone for your help, this is really frustrating, I've had no cancellation message just a reminder email today that I've got an appointment tomorrow morning, The worst thing is I have been told to fast so it'll be annoying if i can't have test after all - I'm already famished!

Edited by sandyman

Hi Sandy man, 

I'm in the same position as you, having received a text about my appointment this morning for a blood test at King's. 

This was ordered in early June at an outpatient appointment. From what I understand, unless your form is marked URGENT, they will not take your blood. 

I don't think there is any point in attending, but I'll ring this morning to check. This situation could go on for months apparently. 

Update: I phoned and they confirmed, do not attend unless your form is marked URGENT 

Edited by MewNick
Updated information

I don't understand why someone hasn't replaced the automatic reminders going out with one saying do not keep your appointment if your test has not been marked as urgent,  you will be contacted when the situation is resolved, and please contact your GP if you think your test should be done urgently.

Or words to that effect.

There must be loads of people wasting their and others' time by keeping an appointment which doesn't actually exist 🙄

• Like 2

update - I went this morning expecting to be turned away and amazingly I had my blood test so the unexpected reminder yesterday was correct. They had a bit of a struggle printing out the referral but after I got it I went downstairs and was seen straight away.

I noticed my form did say "Urgent" although nobody had told me this - in fact when I went in two weeks ago to pick up the referral the first time they simply said no tests at all until further notice and didn't give me the referral.

Edited by sandyman

• sandyman changed the title to Does anyone know if there are blood tests again? - see update below

Sandyman that is encouraging - I asked my GP last Thursday - the Swiftqueue Synnovis platform is still out of order. All appointments at King's or St Thomas's have  been cancelled - they told me that a procedure is in place for very urgent cases so we'd better speak with  GP asap for printed old fashioned referral 

3 hours ago, Speak with Maria said:

Sandyman that is encouraging - I asked my GP last Thursday - the Swiftqueue Synnovis platform is still out of order. All appointments at King's or St Thomas's have  been cancelled - they told me that a procedure is in place for very urgent cases so we'd better speak with  GP asap for printed old fashioned referral 

Also I thought results would be much slower than usual but I was told I'd get results in only five days. The system seems to be working if you can get an urgent referral, so maybe try to speak with GP. Although i'm not sure how you'd make an appointment if you could get a referral because, as you say, the Swiftqueue platform is down. I was lucky that I'd made the appointment before the cyber attack, I actually tried the reschedule today's appointment and even though it turned out to be marked as 'urgent' swiftqueue wouldn't let me into the system to change it..

maybe if you have urgent referral you'd be able to walk in. Needless to say the blood test department is pretty quiet. I turned up at 9am for a 9.29am appointment and was done and out of there by 9.05.