Bora has a new owner

The new owner is a friendly lady with long dark hair and glasses, who has been working there for the past few weeks. But I will miss Mr Bora. I really hope the high standards and wide choices of products/vegetables are maintained.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bora lives in Hertfordshire the shop as been open 3yrs .he told me the early early mornings have caught up with him when he first opened he would go market 2-3 0clock in the morning come back to LL .have a klp in his van maybe couple of hours. Then about 5am he starts pulling all the fruit veg out side theshop setting up .some staff would appear about 5.30am.he mentioned that onetime he hadn't been home for 3mths .the wife was pleased 😌. Really nice hard working fella .said he will still be about for a short time.allways smiling and could talk for england 😊

Edited by teddyboy23
  • Like 1

I love this shop.  I regard it as a joyful expression of colour and freshness on Lordship Lane.  Like an art installation.   I probably go there once a month, and if over a year it turns out that I spend £25 more than I would have done at Sainsbury's or M&S (and I've no idea if that's the case), then I'm more than happy to have paid for the convenience and the personality of the place.

Edited by Dr De Soto
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Dr De Soto said:

I love this shop.  I regard it as a joyful expression of colour and freshness on Lordship Lane.  Like an art installation.   I probably go there once a month, and if over a year it turns out that I spend £25 more than I would have done at Sainsbury's or M&S (and I've no idea if that's the case), then I'm more than happy to have paid for the convenience and the personality of the place.

Well said! Totally agree

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 01/07/2024 at 13:40, Dr De Soto said:

Agreed. And you will have saved the planet from several kilos of disposable plastic wrapping too!

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Froglander said:

I miss the greengrocers that was in Northcross Road.   Loved going there and then to the pet shop and would then stop off for sustenance in one of the many cafes, most of which are no longer there.

Many cafes? I only remember two in North Cross Road at any one time when the greengrocers was there? The Blue Mountain was one of them, then Rose opened one at the back of her shop.

There was a bar, The Drum, are you thinking of that?

6 hours ago, Sue said:

Many cafes? I only remember two in North Cross Road at any one time when the greengrocers was there? The Blue Mountain was one of them, then Rose opened one at the back of her shop.

There was a bar, The Drum, are you thinking of that?

Yes, was including the Drum and the Blue Brick and it’s previous incarnation round the corner in Fellbrigg Road.  I also liked the bar Inside 72 on LL that used to be the Cheltenham & Gloucester building Society. They had really good burgers and great music.   Loved Blue Mountain in its first incarnation with the different rooms and booths.

3 minutes ago, Froglander said:

Yes, was including the Drum and the Blue Brick and it’s previous incarnation round the corner in Fellbrigg Road.  I also liked the bar Inside 72 on LL that used to be the Cheltenham & Gloucester building Society. They had really good burgers and great music.   Loved Blue Mountain in its first incarnation with the different rooms and booths.

Yes, Inside 72 was great, so were all the little rooms in the Blue Mountain.

The Drum used to be open after hours, you had to get in round the back. But crikey it was smoky 🤣