The Palmerston has changed hands (again ...)

Does anyone know more? I just googled but am none the wiser!

I only found out because a charge came up on my bank app under another name, then at the weekend I was told they have a new wine list because of the change.

Think it's just another pub co in the same group so overall ownership not changed.

Staff are all the same stil and so is the offering but the latter might change at some point.

18 hours ago, teddyboy23 said:

Bora and sons as sold his business to some one else.really nice fellla

The new owner is the lady with long dark hair and glasses who has been working there for the past few weeks. She is pleasant and friendly, but I will miss Mr Bora. I really hope the high standards are maintained.

1 hour ago, MewNick said:

The new owner is the lady with long dark hair and glasses who has been working there for the past few weeks. She is pleasant and friendly, but I will miss Mr Bora. I really hope the high standards are maintained.

To avoid confusion, please could you start another thread!

This thread is about The Palmerston, not a general thread about ED businesses changing hands!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Going back to The Palmerston - is it just me who really hates the font they have chosen for the name of the pub at the front?

They've done a good job on the painting front, but that font sets my teeth on edge.

I don't know why I'm worried really. The heart of the pub was ripped out when the previous "refurb"  removed all the interesting features like the pole (?) with painted plants climbing up it, and put in a mish mash of stuff which doesn't go together at all.

In my opinion.

had my first visit to The Palmerston in about 10 years last month

I was happy enough with it back in 2001 when it was pretty basic and I liked it when Jamie Younger was a chef there (and yes I accept it was barely a pub at that point) - but in it's current incarnation? It's just .. nothing. In fact, all of the pubs in the neighbourhood seemed pretty sorry - EDT is obviously dealing with fallout from administration, all of the old Capital pubs (Bishop/Actress, Rye etc) are now Greene King blandstrosities. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

I was happy enough with it back in 2001 when it was pretty basic and I liked it when Jamie Younger was a chef there (and yes I accept it was barely a pub at that point) - but in it's current incarnation? It's just .. nothing. In fact, all of the pubs in the neighbourhood seemed pretty sorry - EDT is obviously dealing with fallout from administration, all of the old Capital pubs (Bishop/Actress, Rye etc) are now Greene King blandstrosities. 

The only things in the Palmerston's favour (in my opinion) are that Olga (?) the manager is lovely - I hope she is still there, as I haven't seen her lately - , and that they didn't have a television during the Euros 😂

Having to put this in a new post because I can't edit my previous one, apparently due to the smiley, which I can neither delete nor add anything beneath it.

I fondly remember when it was The Lord Palmerston and had old men playing dominoes. I always wondered where they went after the changes in the pub.

But then that was back in the days when The Actress was The Uplands Tavern and infamous for fights. Must have been around 1991, I'm losing track of time .....

Oh! My posts have been merged! Hooray!

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

The Castle is fairly unchanged, to be fair.

Although they have done away with the juke box, which used to be excellent. Sob.

Edited by Sue