Save TigerSharks Swim Club at Alleyns

Hi - also really sad to see Tiger Sharks closed. We are very local and it has been amazing for my daughter.  If it re-opens/finds another place to operate, we will follow if we can.

Does anybody know any other good swimming clubs locally, in the meantime? My daughter will really miss that extra one hour swim each week. 

i don’t know the details but very sad to see them close down and Krys did seem really upset too. Understandably.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know what is happening with Tigersharks? Is there any update? Is it opening again in September? Really hope so…

Edited by jocs
  • Agree 1

yes - does anybody know whats going on ? - the last I heard on here, Alleyns had kicked the club out  - then some of the members were meeting with them. Did that go anywhere does anybody know ?

On 03/07/2024 at 15:18, Abba said:

Let's give Alleyns the benefit of the doubt. We have had an engaged conversation with them yesterday, about about both short-term solutions and longer term options. They have already agreed to let the Club continue to swim at the school until the end of the year. They have apologised for the way they communicated with Tigersharks and have made commitments in writing about helping find a solution that suits both them and Tigersharks. I will continue to post updates as we hopefully continue to make progress. 

This appears to be the update that some posters may have missed. 

I've heard it is not looking positive with respect to TigerSharks future at Alleyns.
Does anyone know any other clubs in the area suitable for teenagers who do not want to swim competitively but still would like structured sessions and to improve?

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/08/2024 at 20:16, Bekacs said:

I've heard it is not looking positive with respect to TigerSharks future at Alleyns.
Does anyone know any other clubs in the area suitable for teenagers who do not want to swim competitively but still would like structured sessions and to improve?

You could try https://sjsc.org.uk which swims once per week at Aleyn's (well, it used to ... who knows nowadays) and it's a non-competitive club for all abilities, kids of all ages orientated and their adults are welcome top swim with them. It's once per week and more fun than training, but it is coached and indeed coached to a very high standard.

Another alternative might be Brockwell Swimmers who also swim at Allen's (and elsewhere including the lido as the name suggests). Their sessions are much more in line with Tigersharks, but I don't know if they accept U18s. https://www.brockwellswimmers.com

Meanwhile, I really hope Tigersharks get something sorted out.