STOLEN this afternoon- grey porsche 911

I dont understand, I thought they took upmarket stolen cars away for respray and sale abroad or is that a myth. Whats the point in them stealing it and leaving it a few streets away? Surely they attract more attention geting out of a porsche than if they just left the burglary in their own transport.

Anyway - i hope you recover it.

The advice from the police is correct based on a friend's experience. It wasn't the car that was targeted if you read to OPs post but rather the house that was burgled and then the keys stolen as part of that burglary. The car was likely used as an after thought to transfer goods as another poster pointed out. A professional car thief stealing the car to order as you suggest wouldn't have bothered breaking into the house to steal other items.

Why no GPS hidden away if this is common

Jah Lush Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> A car like that is stolen to order. Nice respray

> and a change of number plates. Bob's yer uncle.

> Hope you were insured.

LondonMix. As I said above if the car is only a means of transporting goods from the burglary then they are attracting a lot more attention to themselves getting out of a Porsche. Seems ridiculous to me.

CBB. Did it ever turn up ?

Hi all, thanks for your thoughts and advice. I think it's very odd they took Porsche "for transport"as so distinctive, and they only took fairly light items from house, AND, my own rather less distinctive car was also outside the house and they took the keys to that too. We thought the car was stolen to order, but it was the police who said this was less likely! My husband is in touch with the loss adjuster, and there's no sign of the car turning up.....

Peckham Rye Snt

DATES FOR OUR STREET BRIEFINGS

Thursday 8th August 1100-1130 Peckham Rye Caf?

Thursday 15th August 1900-1930 Harris Boys Academy

Saturday 24th August 1100-1130 Harris Girls Academy

Consider "befriending" Peckham Rye Safer Neighbourhoods Team on Facebook. They're trying to be more accessible/ modern. Tell them directly/electronically what your thoughts are. After some thought I think one way forward is CCTV shared by neighbours for cost and placement. Then shame perpetrators / post their images like after the riots. What do you all think? Just put up with endless break-ins?

The riots were a crime against the state, and the people involved now

know the lengths to which a state goes. So they won't do that again.

We won't see sweeping up work like that for normal crime, and I don't

know if we would be allowed to set-up private CCTV crime ID networks to

allow others to do it on the same level.

mynamehere Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Peckham Rye Snt

> DATES FOR OUR STREET BRIEFINGS

> Thursday 8th August 1100-1130 Peckham Rye Caf?

> Thursday 15th August 1900-1930 Harris Boys

> Academy

> Saturday 24th August 1100-1130 Harris Girls

> Academy

> Consider "befriending" Peckham Rye Safer

> Neighbourhoods Team on Facebook. They're trying

> to be more accessible/ modern. Tell them

> directly/electronically what your thoughts are.

> After some thought I think one way forward is CCTV

> shared by neighbours for cost and placement. Then

> shame perpetrators / post their images like after

> the riots. What do you all think? Just put up

> with endless break-ins?

Just to be perfectly clear what I'm talking about is CCTV entirely on private property and entirely directed on to your own entrance points. I don't think there is anything controversial about this. And then, if someone crowbars up my windows as they did within this last week, I have an image of them doing it. Better than prints of their gloved hands as a way to identify someone.