Unique gorgeous vintage steamer trunk £40

Purchased recently from another EDF member but have sadly realised that i can't use it as i intended so making it available again at the same price. 

The brand of the trunk is "The Field by Marshall Field" (A famous dept. store in Chicago, now bought out).  Four wheels on the bottom, rusty at the moment but can/do work. 

It is very sturdy and has a domed/rounded top. Inside the trunk is a wardrobe with drawers on one side, and a rail and hangers on the other.  The hangers are the originals.  Could be amazing  as a feature piece in a spare room.

Worth noting, the interior/drawers are all in good condition as are the hangers, but the main external lock does need replacing.  I do not have the original key and I believe it has been forced open at some point.

Dimensions: 

115cm height

45cm width

50cm depth

(When open, the depth is effectively half and the width doubled, depending on how open you have it)

Pick up from close to the Horniman Museum. It is very heavy - needs two people to transport it.  Local delivery may be possible once a definite sale is agreed. 

Please send me a PM if you are interested. 

steamer 1.jpg

steamer 2.jpg

steamer 3.PNG

steamer 4 - interior.jpg

Archived