Fuel theft

The fuel pipe for my minibus (parked just off Underhill Rd) got cut into and all the fuel drained two weeks ago. Took it to the garage to have the part replaced and hoped the thieves were chancers.

This morning I've come to find the fuel pipe was cut into again and all fuel drained. 

A bit at a loss now as there is no other vandalism or damage to my bus to suggest it is being targeted. All the neighbours cars down the road seem to be fine.

Has anyone else in East Dulwich experienced fuel theft recently?

• Sad 3

Report it to your local Safer Neighbourhood Police.  If you come under Dulwich Hill, there is a meeting at Christ Church Barry Road on  Weds 12th June at 6 pm and members of the Police team will be there, Last time we had 3 officers,

On 07/06/2024 at 10:42, hobbs16 said:

Yes.  It happens to a neighbour who has a van parked off Sydenham Hill quite a lot.

It's because the fuel lines are easier to get to than cars.

Thanks for that info. I figured the vans and minibuses were easier targets than cars.

I'll try to deliberate the best way forward as it's stopping my family from going out on trips. We might have to try a dashcam or CCTV

On 08/06/2024 at 16:57, Pugwash said:

Report it to your local Safer Neighbourhood Police.  If you come under Dulwich Hill, there is a meeting at Christ Church Barry Road on  Weds 12th June at 6 pm and members of the Police team will be there, Last time we had 3 officers,

It's not my van.

It's a crime in Dulwich Hill and is appropriate for reporting at this meeting, particularly as there appears to have been two similar incidents in the same area. It doesn't matter, I think, if you haven't been the victim yourself.

1 hour ago, Penguin68 said:

It's a crime in Dulwich Hill and is appropriate for reporting at this meeting, particularly as there appears to have been two similar incidents in the same area. It doesn't matter, I think, if you haven't been the victim yourself.

how do you know the owner hasn't already reported it?

I don't, indeed I might assume they had. But the meeting is to discuss local crime and, where appropriate, get advice about countering it. You may also learn if this is common, or increasing, and what steps are being taken to address it. The meetings aren't about reporting crime but discussing local issues. This appears to be a local issue. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Joe - yes this is still occurring, I’ll private message you the details but it has happened to me personally 3 times in 3 months. Police are aware of the individual as he is on camera and should be identified. 

• Thanks 1