The Pizza Joint - East Dulwich Road. SE22

Posted (edited)

I received a flyer through my letter box and they are offering deals for Any Pizza, Any Size for £10.99 delivery or £7.99 collection.  Can order over the phone.  Was also told that any pizza on website can be ordered for that price.    Has anyone tried their pizzas?   They have a good selection of vegan ones.  And, although not mentioned on the website, they have anchovies and tuna.   Paneer is also available as a topping.   3 dips for £1.   

Edited by Froglander
Additions

• Froglander changed the title to The Pizza Joint - East Dulwich Road. SE22
1 hour ago, Froglander said:

I received a flyer through my letter box and they are offering deals for Any Pizza, Any Size for £10.99 delivery or £7.99 collection.  Can order over the phone.  Was also told that any pizza on website can be ordered for that price.    Has anyone tried their pizzas?   They have a good selection of vegan ones.  And, although not mentioned on the website, they have anchovies and tuna.   Paneer is also available as a topping.   3 dips for £1.   

Great tasting pizza, lovely dough. Very good value try the tandoori 😉

I had one delivered off the back of this thread and would say that, while it's marginally better than the likes of Dominoes and Papa Johns and better value, it's very much in the vein of that sort of pizza. Dough seemed like it had been bought in and is definitely not of the sourdough variety. The sauce was very sweet and overall the flavour wasn't amazing.

Not terrible but not a patch on the likes of Yard Sale or more authentic independent pizzerias.

16 hours ago, gabrielconroy said:

I had one delivered off the back of this thread and would say that, while it's marginally better than the likes of Dominoes and Papa Johns and better value, it's very much in the vein of that sort of pizza. Dough seemed like it had been bought in and is definitely not of the sourdough variety. The sauce was very sweet and overall the flavour wasn't amazing.

Not terrible but not a patch on the likes of Yard Sale or more authentic independent pizzerias.

Thanks for your reply. I wonder how it compares to Pizza GoGo on East Dulwich Grove.  I became quite fond of their thin crust pizzas and they aren’t sourdough.  Haven’t ordered from them for a while. Their pick up prices are very good. 

It's our favourite pizza place in East Dulwich, quick, reasonably priced and the pizza's are great.

It's definitely not in the vein  of Dominoes, it's absolutely nothing like it in fact, pizzas are far nicer.

Plus it's an independent business, with Italian staff that are friendly and welcoming.

You won't get a more Italian pizza in East Dulwich.

• 4 weeks later...

It's fine for a cheap pizza if you can collect. Most of the meats are indistinguishable from each other taste-wise (i.e. salty). Pizza Gogo, Dominos etc. penalise you for buying a single pizza (e.g. £18 for one, £22 for two) so £8 for a single pizza is good value if you just want some stodge to feed 2-3 people cheaply and quickly.

Haven't tried the tandoori so that's a good shout.