Does SMBS foods stock ostrich eggs?

Perhaps the most middle-class question ever, but do they? I tried to phone them, but their number goes nowhere, their Instagram is abandoned, and it's the same for the Cheese Block. Thanks!

Posted (edited)

I’ve seen them in Bora. Also goose eggs being sold there and by the egg lady at the North Cross Rd market on Saturday. 
I’ve cooked with goose eggs (delicious soft boiled) but how do you use ostrich ones?

Edited by ArchieCarlos

Whoops silly me.  I'd delete my post but now it is preserved for all eternity!

Well it will give me an opportunity to visit.  It's owned by the cheese block people 

Posted (edited)

What do you typically do with an ostrich egg that's different to a hens' egg? Do they taste different? I'm not sure I've ever heard of anyone cooking with them. You would need some big bread soldiers if you're having them soft boiled.

Edited by Earl Aelfheah
  • Like 1

I have been following this thread with interest, and the question which keeps coming to my mind is WHY?

WHY would you need an ostrich egg? I thought it was a joke at first, but apparently not!

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Sue said:

I have been following this thread with interest, and the question which keeps coming to my mind is WHY?

WHY would you need an ostrich egg? I thought it was a joke at first, but apparently not!

That is indeed the question