Where is the very loud music festival on sunday nights happening?

Hello everyone, first time posting here.

In recent weeks on sunday nights our afternoons and evenings have been ruined by an exceptionally loud drum/bass / jungle type music festival - clearly not a house party as far too loud and it seems to involve DJs. It goes on for hours, seemingly in direction of Bellenden Road, and is a major noise nuisance for anyone not attending.

Is anyone aware of what the festival/event is, and when it will stop, and more importantly if it is possible to complain about the obscene level of noise that this is generating. It is reaching the stage where our house is literally thumping to the hideous noise, which is ruining our peace and quiet at home. Please, is there anyway to turn this utter monstrosity down?

Is it the one which has got a very loud DJ, lots of very loud music since about 2pm today and sounds more like a professional party than a house party? If so then definitely the same - sounds like it is coming from that way.

How selfish can some people be - I'm guessing literally thousands of people have had to put up with their music all day.

Has a DJ and flashing lights to go with it. we have been out until 8pm, so i don't know what time it started. the music has just quietened a notch...will see how long it lasts.

It's just disrespectful. One or two Sundays, fine... But every week is not.

It's at the East Dulwich Rd end of Kinsale Rd. Actually getting louder post-10pm. Too hot to have the windows shut, which we do, still the 'music' is louder than the TV. Trying to watch the Moto GP, damnit.

Thanks very much - I don't mind the odd party in summer, but this is getting to be a weekly intrusion which is really out of order. It started at about 2pm and has been non stop since then. Sadly no response to council noise helpline, but may ring tomorrow and see if there is any way it can be dealt with -it is incredibly disrespectful.

Hi all. The one you are referring to i think is a party outside in the Council estate off Fenwick Road and East Dulwich Rd. It's been on since 1pm today. Council noise people on their way. I'm not near enough to Rye lane but is it perhaps Canavans pool place, i know they do late ish parties however all inside i think.

I really hope the noise people deal with it soon, i've had about 8 hours of this now and it's wearing a bit thin. I went and spoke to the guy running the party earlier, he was perfectly nice but seemed astonished that anyone would find the noise annoying or indeed than i might want to get a decent nights sleep before work.

We're opposite! I have had a very trying Sunday. I think we may have been talking about 2 different things. I am off Peckham Rye and this is the first noisy thing in the immediate area this summer, i think it is a private party on the estate. I haven't heard the Rye lane thing, could it be one of the bars. I know the Bussey building do stuff on their roof but i think they end at 11. There was an after Pexmas party in Holly Grove last Saturday but that was done by 11 (cos i was at it!)

It seems that there were two parties last night Kinsale rd estate and rye lane. The one on rye lane is up the top near the library end is NOT a bar or club, it is a flat with a terrace (which faces out towards the Aldi and that big open space, hence the noise carrying)out the back, they get a dj in and its been on every sunday for the past month. Last nights music seemed louder than the previous weeks. So it seems depending where you live to which one you were effected by. Both had noise complaints made about them. The one on rye lane do turn the music off by 12 but every Sunday is a pain for those of us who work Monday mornings and want to sleep...especially in this weather when need the windows open too.

Thanks Cabsav - have filed my complaint with noise team.

Is there any way the specific address can be made available, as I'm almost tempted to call 112 next time and get the police involved as its clearly a major noise pollution issue. I dont mind people having fun in the summer, I do mind when my house thats over a kilometer away from the party is filled with the sounds of their party.

Surely this state of affairs has reached the point where the owner needs to have a friendly visit from the Police to tell him that he has got to stop getting a DJ in?

Sound sliek there were two different parties - our was at completely the opposite end of Rye Lane.

The one near us stopped at 11pm mercifully - i think it helped it was clearly on Southwark property so maybe they were able to exert a little more influence on their tenants?

You should get the noise team involved. Sounds like the guys near Aldi are taking the piss - fine have a private party once in a while but if you are getting DJs in and having an event on a regular basis that sounds more like a organised event - if they don't have the appropriate permissions - even if it is invite only they could be in a lot of trouble.

I think we may be seeing a bit more of this recently - partly due to the hot weather and partly due to Peckhams continuing reputation as a cool place to come for a night out - we may be getting more party minded visitors and and indeed attracting more "party" residents who don't seem to have the need for a 9-5 job like us longer term residents.

We need to be clear with them - come here and have a good time but respect the fact that whilst it is a "cool party place" to you to many of us it's home and we don't appreciate being kept awake by loud music on a work night.

Spoke to noise people today - they strongly advised that anyone suffering problems should contact them as the more complaints they get the better. They also asked that anyone with the address would be helpful so that they know where to go for dealing with it!

I hope so, I rang the noise team last night at about 11.15 (think it was probably the Rye Lane one I could hear) and she was rather lackadaisical about it, said they knew about it, they had known about it since 6pm, but they weren't able to act until 11, but that the noise team were dealing with an incident in Camberwell. All a bit feeble.