New Shops in Dulwich / Peckham - 2024 Edition

13 hours ago, NewWave said:

Tbh the dark interior of Vits and Kix is the reason I've never been in (though the food/drink offering seems appealing on paper) the very dark interior and neon sign feels a bit gimmicky and nightclubby to me,

I don't want to eat in a cocktail bar I want to drink cocktails in one.

Isn't a dark, moody interior the ideal cocktail bar and if that prejudiced you from going in to try the food, which is excellent buy the way, then sadly your loss. 

Maybe try it first before dismissing it due to the intimate atmosphere 🤔 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Isn't a dark, moody interior the ideal cocktail bar and if that prejudiced you from going in to try the food, which is excellent buy the way, then sadly your loss. 

Maybe try it first before dismissing it due to the intimate atmosphere 🤔 

It was me who said it looked very dark in there, but I specifically said during the DAY. Which it did.

And I was clearly  referring to their old place in North Cross Road.

And I did eat in there. In the evening. When the darkness wasn't an issue. But sitting in the dark on a sunny day isn't my idea of the ideal setting for either a daytime  meal or drinks.

And yes, the food was good. As were the cocktails.

Looking forward to trying out their new place.

Does anyone know what is going in where God's Gift was? Looks to be under development.

On 11/10/2024 at 12:10, teddyboy23 said:

Vits-kicks in nx road is moving into the old tail restaurant on LL,next to the small St Christopher's.and  oliver bonas could be taking the white stuff site

Excited about this. Hopefully a better spot for them. Any idea on when they are expected to be in the new site?