East Dulwich Police Station closure

Can anyone tell me if East Dulwich Police Station is now closed and, if not, when it is expected to close? I grew up in East Dulwich and remember when they built it. Haven't been back for many years but I'm writing a book that features the station and want to get things right.

Thanks

Wow! It's been threatening to close for several years,

and there were talks of M&S moving in.

Are the stables still being used? I remember taking my

children there. The police were always friendly, and welcoming.

A historical gem that will be missed by so many of us.

PS Hi Rose. Good luck with your book. I would love to read it.

Keep us posted

Anna

I used to live in East Dulwich Grove. Think my old house is now a boy's school. Lordship Lane went through radical changes in the '80s. I hear it's now a gourmet's playground. Is the East Dulwich Tavern still there?

Hard to generalise though as many of the incomers have brought life, variety and prosperity to the area, just as a few of the people who've been here for ages are scumbags with no respect for their neighbourhood.

Red Rose,

A bit of history.

Used to go and collect bags of horse manure from the skip in their yard, very useful for the allotment. Had to take our own shovel though, they used to keep getting their one's stolen!

Very interested to see what it will become, could take a very long time to be developed/reoccupied. Purpose built in 1979; not really a lot of use for a building that was expensive to build - I imagine.

Cheers.

davidh Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> maybe kalamity kel wouldn't be much liked either.

> wha ta stupid generalisation

Fine ill rephrase... there are many you probably wont like old and new.

Now kindly back off davidh with your "stupid" comments. I was not speaking to you.

Im entitled to my own opinions which are based on my own experience on the way the area has changed over the last say 30 years whether you like them or not

Nothing appears to be built to last these days, i*rate. Thanks for the history. I remember Lordship Lane BEFORE they built the police station. Moved out in the mid-80s and have only been back a couple of times since then, but not for at least 15 years. Chez Nico had just opened its doors and was getting good reviews, even though the locals didn't believe that a French bistro could ever compete with the local chippy on the corner of Matham Grove!

Rose Red Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I used to live in East Dulwich Grove. Think my old

> house is now a boy's school. Lordship Lane went

> through radical changes in the '80s. I hear it's

> now a gourmet's playground. Is the East Dulwich

> Tavern still there?

Is there a boys school on East Dulwich Grove?