Dulwich tandoori police raid

Greengod

UncleBen, it's not comment in itself that's the problem it's content. Do you really need me to explain the conotations of your comment and how they link to the status of those they are directed at? Would you for example make the same coment about the staff at Franklins? No you wouldn't. You made that comment because they are illegal migrants...the insinuation being that they are dirty and unhygenic. That IS offensive. And it's also not hard to see why some would go further and accuse you of racism (which I haven't by the way).

Good day to you all

At Dulwich Tandoori last night at about 7.30pm we were subject to a random UKBA visit/check. As a result three members of staff were detained and taken away for further checks. Subsequently of the three detained 2 were released and 1 has been detained.

Thankfully we at the Dulwich Tandoori took all the required steps to check our staff's backgrounds and have not fallen foul of UKBA rules or regulations.

Though there is only so much we can do, i urge all my fellow traders to take out stringent checks on their staff or risk fines.

it must be terrible to be taken by handcuffs from your work place however as for the business it is just as terrible to be lied to and to be given fraudulent documentation, you think you know someone by the name you have been given and supported by there paper work, you than realise there actually someone totally different, you than start to question who and what to believe, but ive subsequently learnt that all paper work can be verified and checked via disclosure scotland and they well advise and verify all applications, We are one of three businesses and are now checking all staff details via disclosure scotland and urge all business that may employ immigrants to do the same, its a lengthy and awkward process but hey, its the world we live in. Thank you

UncleBen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>I must be in good company (or bad)

> then as all the people slagging off seacow must be

> racist, as well as Sue who constantly rips into

> Cherry tree,and now Mag, plus all posters who have

> ever commented on a business.

xxxxxx

"constantly rips into Cherry Tree and now Mag".

WTF?

And for the record, I too thought your "joke" about illegal immigrants' underpants was both racist and offensive.

Glad to see Dulwich Tandoori posting on here and giving such detailed background.

What UncleBen wrote was technically not Racist...

He did not mention any Race, Creed, Colour...

racist - a person with a prejudiced belief that one race is superior to others..

His comments though were extremely offensive.. and does not belong here on EDF.

DulwichFox

It is not racist to just mention a persons Race, Creed, Colour...

It is only Racist if one suggests a person or nation is inferior because of their Race, Creed, Colour...

Certainly do not wish to defend UncleBen's comments but we all need to be careful what we accuse people off.

DulwichFox

I think that the undertones can be accepted as racist though Fox. Would Uncleben make such a comment about white migrants for example? So whilst not making the accusation of racism myself I do accept that his comment can be seen as such. He thinks the staff in an Indian restaurant are unhygenic and to be made fun of. The only question is why. In answering that, there is no ambiguity for me, it's because they are of a different ethnic origin and nationality.

Racist? Are you lot for fu*king real?

The joke was crap, must try harder. But racist??? Take the definition and show me where in the post it became "racist".

Some people on here just live for being offended and it's pathetic.

I can just see a number of people on here being the 1 one complained about this...

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/renault-clio-advert-banned-for-having-too-much-va-va-voom-8713414.html

This is absolutely ridiculous. On many an occasion Uncleben posts utter shite. On this occasion he posted a silly and not particularly funny joke, but it is DJKQ who has decided what was meant by it. A lot of assumptions have been made about intent which are completely unproveable, so lets just let it go.