Break-in on Easter Sunday evening - 10 Underhill Rd - Did you notice anything? [CAD number: 5131/31Mar24]

Good evening neighbours in the vicinity of 10 Underhill Road, between the South Circular and Melford Road,

I am posting a call-out for potential witnesses or security camera/ video doorbell footage on behalf of the owner in respect of a burglary in the early evening of Easter Sunday. Please contact the police non-emergency number (101) quoting CAD number 5131/31Mar24 if you saw anything or have any information.

Between approximately 1900 and 1945, still in daylight, two men broke into the building works currently ongoing at 10 Underhill Rd and stole a considerable amount of tools and equipment. I spotted them at about 1935 and called the police, but it is likely they were there for sometime beforehand. The police attended at about 1945, a couple of minutes after the thieves had driven off towards Melford Rd/Barry Rd.

The men returned later on that evening, at approximately 2100, and re-entered the property, stealing further equipment.

You may have been surprised to see two 'builders' in the early evening on Easter Sunday going back and forth, carrying tools and equipment from the front door of the house, through the barriers at the front of the property and loading them into a dark grey, small hatchback car parked directly in front of the property on the street.

You may have seen one of them climbing a ladder at the front of the house and covering a security camera located on the scaffolding at first floor level with a black bin bag.

Maybe you saw them when they returned at around 9pm.

Suspect 1:

-       male, white, 60s+, heavily lined/wrinkled face (weathered), white/grey hair and possible short white beard, medium height (5’6’’/5’7’’?), small build

-       wearing yellow hi-vis gilet (no sleeves) over dark clothes, black beanie-type hat, although could see hair colour below

Suspect 2:

-       male, darker/olive complexion, 40s-50s, similar height, dark hair, clean-shaven smooth face.

-       wearing dark jacket (possibly fleece)

Edited by IlonaM

I have a little footage of them walking by ours - thanks for posting! I’ll need to check the cctv further after work. I don’t think it will be much help, but I’ve also contacted another neighbour who might have better footage. 

Unfortunately the footage doesn’t cover the house itself, but does show them sneaking in (not through the barrier)!!

Posted (edited)

Thank you for replying muffins78. Anything to improve the descriptions and timings will be fantastic.

Dulwich Woods SNT has said that any cctv footage, information, photographs etc can be emailed to them with the CAD number and they will forward it on to the investigating team: [email protected]

Edited by IlonaM
addition SNT info