New restaurant in Chopsticks?

JDR

I couldn't read the name as driving past but there appeared to be action in the old Chinese place. Hoping someone on here knows more than I do???

Have searched but not knowing the name, having no joy....

Walked past it tonight...had a look in and decided to try, nice simple pasta/pizza place, there is a really nice terrace at the back, perfect for this weather that has been there through all the restaurants that have been there over the past few years that I didn't know existed !

Upshot is it was very pleasant, staff were lovely & got chatting to owner who is from sicily who was charming and explained all the chefs were from italy and they make the pasta and breads in house. We decided it was a nice place to pop into for a glass of wine with pizza or pasta, menu was devoid of the usual lasagna, spaghetti, and over sauced concoctions you get in the usual bulk standard italians in london, and was mainly fish and vegetable dishes. It's called Sorsi & Morsi (think I got that the right way around) & nice addition to the lane I feel & I like the way it just opened without any fuss or social media fanfare :)

Crikey, it hasn't been Chopsticks for a very long time, it was Indian Mischief for ages!

It appears to be the same people running it as before, and they haven't changed the tables etc, which I presume is how it was able to open so very quickly after Indian Mischief closed.

Basically the tables and chairs, layout etc are the same ones used when it was chopsticks, which I remember as it was first place I ate on my first night in ED When I bought my first flat here in 2003 :) It was used by indian Mischief & now the new place ( Though the guy I spoke to saturday said he had to fit the kitchen out from scratch to suit an Italian restaurant) Now thats what i call recycling :)

Do they actually serve sicilian dishes, or is it just a pasta/pizza place with a sicilian guy running it?

To me, the name conjures up images of Ren?e and Renato, 'Just One Cornetto', and pasta sauce like mama used to make-a. But if people think the food is good and un-generic, I'll definitely give it a go some time.

I remember the garden from the Chopsticks days, it's a really nice space, pretty much unique round here afaik.

As for pizza & pizza.. come on.. this has 'uninspired' and 'doomed' written all over it, I'm afraid. The place has no ambience and can't really accommodate the family crowd. Take away those two things and is there really any reason to go Italian - unless the food is particularly extraordinary (which - let's face it - it hardly ever is)?

If nobody opens a decent asianyfusiony-type place soon I might have to break out the wok give it a go myself. Licence to print money if there ever was one. Fujiyama - in Brixton - is doing nicely out of SE22 even with a recently-added ?3 delivery charge!

I dunno *Bob* - given the amount of posts over the years where people have said "what ED needs is,,, an italian/pizza" resturant, only for people like me and Carnell tear our hair out, listing all of the places in the area, my impression is that "if it's not on LL, it doesn't exist" is a reality for a lot of people

For them, this new place is the only italian in town - and it has been noticeably busier than any previous incarnation, including launch weeks

so.. jury out for me

We tried the new Italian last night. I had a jolly nice spag bol and a flagon of house red with only minimal tomato sauce whiplash staining on the shirt this morning.

The back garden deck alfresco dining thing is very pleasant as is the genuine Italian lady who served us. It isn't Indian Mischief management/ownership any more.

Chapter and verse