Damage to car on Nutfield Road - Grrrrrrrrr.....

nutty

... oh and sorry to heat about your also! Funny how when this happened to our other car (a Corsa) I was able to just say " oh well - such is life", but with the Lotus it seems like much more of a crime!

I have had it for couple of years now and have learnt to relax a little, but when it first arrived I was constantly twitching the curtains when I heard any noises outside. One night I was about to turn the bedroom light out when I heard a suspicious noise, pulled the curtain back and saw one guy standing in the road with camera phone ready and his lanky mate on the curb warming up to leap over. I was stood there in shock as I watched him launch his drunken body on to the canopy displaying his urban surfing skills and then about a metre or two into the middle of the road (unfortunately we don?t live on Barry road, as they would probably both have been mown down), all this was caught on his mate?s camera phone. Once I got over the shock I banged on the window as the red mist descended and desperately searched for clothes, what I found did not look good but sufficient to avoid indecent exposure charge. By the time I got downstairs (the dog must have sensed my fury and was also up for a ruck) it must have been a few minutes and the drunken fools had scarpered. My first bad experience of Lotus ownership, but I can look back on it and laugh now. I won?t go on and bore you with details of other incidents, like how the car levitated 3ft in the air after I disrespected the automatic security bollards at my office car park???

Not sure of body shops locally, but I use Sinclaires in Romford for servicing and plan to use them for the above repairs. Another good source of info is the SELOC website.

I have a Silver S1 111s, my g/f is insisting I mention it is also for sale if there is any interest.....(fyi ? no damage from above altercations)