Best Pub for Sunday Lunch (and watch the rugby)

Evening All

After your recommendations on where to take the Mrs and the Mother-in-law for dinner on Sunday, where I can also watch the 6 nations on the sly?

Thanks 

Not a fan of most of the Lordship Road pubs.  The Plough may work, and Alleyns Head in East Dulwich, but I think both lack charm.  The Old Nunshead in Nunhead in the past would have been perfect and may be worth checking out.  The perfect pub which will be brilliant for rugby is the Blythe Hill Tavern in Forest Hill.  Check the pizza van is there and arrived early.  The Castle will be good, again it is pizza (order from Backyard)

There is a dearth of good Sunday lunch pubs and any that are good for food (Crocked Well in Camberwell and Rosendale in West Dulwich etc) don't show the sport leaving you with a hotch-potch of options that aren't the best for food I am afraid. I have always found there is a strong correlation between showing sport and (lack of) quality food!

The Actress used to be good for those (myself included) wanting to keep a sly-eye on the sport but only if you want pizza.....a strategically positioned table between the food and sport showing areas always used to work a treat (until someone in my family rumbled what I was doing! ;-))