Humongous Pothole

I wonder if someone can help...

Yesterday evening when driving home I've hit a pothole on Southend Lane in Sydenham and a I've punctured my tyre 

Immediately stopped to see what the hell happened !

Walked down the road to see what's there and recored on my phone a large 2 inch deep and 20 inch wide pothole which has been marked around with white spray paint ...

That's on Southendlane under the bridge by saver center 

(It's 2 lanes and I wonder why not close 1 lane and repair the damn thing !)

I've nursed my car to the tyre shop at 5miles per hour and after changing the tyre i've noticed a rattling noise coming from my car (front left where I've hit the pot hole) 

I want to write to the council and get my money back for the tyre and repairs done to the car !

(New mot 24th of Feb passed with no issues !!)

I wonder if anyone have done this before as I'm not having it 

Please pm if you have challenged the council before or know where to start 

Thanks 

Dan 

Taking any kind of journey in a car these days is a real lottery - the roads feel like they have been abandoned to the elements. I had to drive through Kent towns at the weekend and I tried different routes there and back - both times felt like an assault course

that Sydenham hole might be "marked for repair" but it will only be filled in with cornflakes (I exaggerate) and will be in a worse state a couple of months later

of course councils have been starved of cash by government so this is one area that has been cut back - but it's another very visible sign of the state of the nation

• Like 1