Best place for a Chinese?

23 hours ago, Katherty said:

148 Chinese was indeed very good. Especially their sesame prawn toast. A very friendly place too. 

Glad you enjoyed 148 

There is also, slight further out, Dragons Castle at the Elephant and Castle, a bit of an experience but good food 

The new Chinese on Lordship Lane, Chi, is really good and the staff are really warm and welcoming. Food is authentic and delicious. I highly recommend! We ate in but they also do takeaway.

• Thanks 1

On 03/03/2024 at 10:12, Spartacus said:

Glad you enjoyed 148 

There is also, slight further out, Dragons Castle at the Elephant and Castle, a bit of an experience but good food 

I would advise against Dragon Castle. It's overpriced and really not that high quality (one dish came to me only half defrosted), with excruciatingly slow service. After going there 3 times, we've given up. 

Instead I would recommend some of the many new Chinese places which have cropped up on E&C: Pot & Rice (Taiwanese), Murger Han (Xi'an food), Oisoi (Jiangnan cuisine, more high-end) and so on. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Only for deliveries, they take card in the resturant 

Yes, I know that.  I want a delivery. It seems that must, if not all local Chinese restaurants want cash on delivery.