Jackons - why do we need another estate agent

Estate 'agents', this, 'n spurious McD's (as we kids refer to it), that, KFC the other and something else whatever else.

Any thread concerning estate 'agents' turns the forum into a Larkinesque This Be The Verse

They fuck you up, Golden Property Services.

They may not mean to, but they do.

They fill you with the Foxtons they had

And add some Pedder, just for you.

But they were fucked up in their turn

By Fish Needs Water/Truepennys,

Who half the time were soppy-stern

And half at Ludlow Thompson?s throats.

Acorn hands on misery to man.

It deepens like a Hindwoods 'rep'.

Get out as early as you can,

And don?t have any Roy Brooks yourself.

Now, how much of a downer? VERY, that's how b@stard much, so let's less it as far as estate agents are concerned. Really.

For future reference when a store becomes available, WIMPY bar, as first choice, completely uncontroversial as far as I'm concerned. That half-pounder, mmmm. Plus cutlery, metal and all, last time I looked.

Second, a late night opening Nando's, drink has been taken, chicken, spice, chips. perfect.

Third Burger King, tied fourth KFC and McDonalds.

I simply can't see anyone NOT loving the latter proposals, why you'd have to be a bit 'Radio Rental' or hopped-up on goofballs to challenge them, surely.

Surely?

Never been on this forum, but ive lived here for about 15 years. Do we need another estate agent , well why not i say stick another 10 on the high street let them all fight it out. As for the service they provide im not impressed, never really had to go to one. But know that i needed one he tried to tell me that i should stick with him as he had my best interest at heart. And than tried to get his mates to buy at a low price. I thought the whole point was to advertise the property and not keep it to yourself. " ah no i know what im doing" No Decency to call up even after a few weeks to tell me he wanted to buy it at a lower price, when that came to light... Wont mention any names. but they know who they are, im sure they have fleeced some poor old ladies in there times. Its no secret.

So i say stick another 10 estate agents on for i care, and let the nasty ones sink with there crap service.

But maybe you should have a poll of agents so we could all give votes as to the best service, i would not want some poor chap to get fleeced.

Ofcourse the only reason i found out was as ive been here for a while and have a few good friends...

HonaloochieB Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Estate 'agents', this, 'n spurious McD's (as we

> kids refer to it), that, KFC the other and

> something else whatever else.

>

> Any thread concerning estate 'agents' turns the

> forum into a Larkinesque This Be The Verse

>

> They @#$%& you up, Golden Property Services.

> They may not mean to, but they do.

> They fill you with the Foxtons they had

> And add some Pedder, just for you.

>

> But they were @#$%& up in their turn

> By Fish Needs Water/Truepennys,

> Who half the time were soppy-stern

> And half at Ludlow Thompson?s throats.

>

> Acorn hands on misery to man.

> It deepens like a Hindwoods 'rep'.

> Get out as early as you can,

> And don?t have any Roy Brooks yourself.

>

> Now, how much of a downer? VERY, that's how

> b@stard much, so let's less it as far as estate

> agents are concerned. Really.

>

> For future reference when a store becomes

> available, WIMPY bar, as first choice, completely

> uncontroversial as far as I'm concerned. That

> half-pounder, mmmm. Plus cutlery, metal and all,

> last time I looked.

> Second, a late night opening Nando's, drink has

> been taken, chicken, spice, chips. perfect.

> Third Burger King, tied fourth KFC and McDonalds.

>

> I simply can't see anyone NOT loving the latter

> proposals, why you'd have to be a bit 'Radio

> Rental' or hopped-up on goofballs to challenge

> them, surely.

>

> Surely?

What a complete load of bollocks.

• 2 weeks later...

If people are against estate agents taking up shops on Lordship Lane I would like to recommend an alternative. Having been on the market with two leading estate agents for nearly a year - both with commercial offices and getting nowhere fast I turned to the new local estate agent called No Flies. They are a local internet based estate agency company concentrating on our local area. They sold our property within 2 weeks and pushed the sale to exchange in 5 weeks. Proof if it was needed that the days of the shop windows selling properties are long gone.

There are many recommendations for No Flies on this forum - that is how I found them. They are obviously very successful even though they aren't taking up a shop and this is reflected in their lower fees.