Warning - keyless car break in

Felt I should flag this up for anyone who is in the Trossachs Road area, or beyond, that there are thieves breaking into cars using keyless tech.  I had mine done in the early hours of this morning, which I have on video. A car stopping just in front and parallel to mine, silver or white, I think a ford fiesta.  Then one person, walking directly up to my car, a gadget in their hand, and opening my passenger door. 

Sadly, I did not put my keys into the faraday pouch I use yesterday when I came home.  Something I always do, but didn't this time.  Faraday pouches are not expensive, you can get them on Amazon.  Also, good to put spare keys into a separate one, and keep both as far away from where your car is parked as possible.   

19 minutes ago, jazzer said:

See other posts about Kia cars being stolen from residents driveways in both SE22 and SE23. 

Yeah, I had seen that when posted.  My faraday pouches work, I check them every so often, it was simply me forgetting to use it.  This person seemed more intent on taking valuables lying inside cars more than the car itself. 

1 hour ago, ed_pete said:

Alec - you may know this already but there was a Jaguar SUV stolen from  Trossachs a couple of weeks back - I suspect the same gang and MO.

Didn't know this actually!  I think I know the one though.

Also please note that you do need to check Faraday pouches regularly, the wire mesh inside can fail. I now keep my key in an aluminium foil pouch inside the Faraday pouch, and check at least daily it isn't compromised. I have had 4 pouches fail. So far my belt  and braces approach has worked. Together with using a steering wheel lock. Fingers very firmly crossed!