Forest Hill Road Coffee Shop - Now Open

My advice to them is to buy one of these to put on top of the cakes & sandwiches:

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/9940/f001bp5.jpg

I say this because I went in there one sunny day only to find a blue bottle buzzing around the cakes and sandwiches and he landed on a hummus sandwich and was walking all over it.

I also think they could improve their soft drink menu. Maybe start stocking that Whole Earth Organic Range, like the lemonade etc. I love them, but maybe that's just me. I would like to see them do well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
They have a new menu now including a Finnish breakfast, French breakfast and a German breakfast. They have started to do chilled soups; so far a pea and mint one and a gorgeous tomato with a tabasco kick. Lovely paninni rolls with sesame seeds on topping which aren't dry like some of them often are. Great Monmouth coffee. Think it is quite quiet now cos of holiday period so a good time to go in. Quite often sold out of things by mid afternoon. Can take everything away too.

I can recommend the german breakfast: croissant, baguette, ham, cheese, oj and coffee. I needn't have ordered anything else for me and my two smalls this morning. But I did, as I'm piggy. The finnish looked lovely too. (The breakfast. Although I'm sure if I were that way inclined I'd say the same about the staff.)

Recognising strange British tastes they also do a great Marmite & Toast option which with double coffee is > ?3.00. Good value, tho' I did see my GP from Forest Hill surgery call in as I was slathering butter and marmite onto the toast - may get cholestrol telling off next time I visit GP.

jimbo1964 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It's a great little place. I think if they had a

> nice cafe type awning over the front it would look

> more like a cafe and attract more passing trade

> (probably expensive). I'm going to get me some of

> that German breakfast this weekend.

Good call. There's plenty of space out the front for that, just look at Si Mangia which is now packed out front on a sunny summer's evening. Be mad not to.

I visit this little gaff every day as I'm so thrilled it's on my doorstep. I hope they expand outside like Si Mangia.

(and more plants/flowers outside as well might be nice)

But I s'pose it's early days for the business yet, and dispite the fact that they are always busy, maybe they don't want to count their chickens yet.