Education not taxation - please consider signing this petition!

The students it will impact the most will be the students coming from the private schools to the state schools.  I think the majority of parents who are earning closer to average salaries will explore an array of options, such as taking out loans via remortgaging their homes, renting, forgoing summer holidays etc.

Remember there are also online/virtual schools in the UK which offer full time curriculums from ages 4-19 with virtual 'live 'classes and they are taking off.  Even with the 20 percent increase in fees and the perhaps the additional cost of paying for someone to mind the child whilst they are learning at home, they will probably still be cheaper than an in-person private school in London.

I reckon some parents may already be exploring these options rather than placing their children into an undersubscribed local state school.  

The reality is that private education also helps reduce the burden on state schools. I think it's a bit unfair that families paying for private schools should be penalised as they already are paying towards state education via their taxes.

Whats the government is doing with vat increase is to make private education even more elitist.

And for people who call for a ban private of education, using the same logic we should also ban private healthcare.

1 hour ago, MissB said:

I reckon some parents may already be exploring these options rather than placing their children into an undersubscribed local state school.  

If they can find a place...primary is OK, secondary numbers are still growing and estimates suggest they won't start dropping for 5 years...

BBC News - London primary school numbers to drop by 52,000 

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cly559jnd2zo

1 hour ago, MissB said:

The students it will impact the most will be the students coming from the private schools to the state schools.  I think the majority of parents who are earning closer to average salaries will explore an array of options, such as taking out loans via remortgaging their homes, renting, forgoing summer holidays etc.

Remember there are also online/virtual schools in the UK which offer full time curriculums from ages 4-19 with virtual 'live 'classes and they are taking off.  Even with the 20 percent increase in fees and the perhaps the additional cost of paying for someone to mind the child whilst they are learning at home, they will probably still be cheaper than an in-person private school in London.

online classes are not in any way a substitute for an education. 

Nothing beats a child getting ready for school, being in a school all day and mixing with their peers at break time.  However, for those parents who do not want their children in an undersubscribed state school and who can not afford to pay the extra 20 percent, all avenues will have to be explored, even the dreaded option of homeschooling.

I am sure the Guardian will do an article about it in their Education section.

I did not make the rule, this current government did and like Thatcher, they're not for turning.