Bin collection calendar missing

concorde

This is the smallest of things, but… Southwark has delivered its guide to bins for 2024 and, for the first time, it does not include an actual calendar of which bin is being collected on which day. Instead we have to scan a QR code or (allegedly) write to the council to request a printed copy. The leaflet is the same length and paper quality, however one page is now taken up with the council’s plans for 2024.

We find the calendar on the back really helpful - just leave it on the fridge door, no need to go online and find a website and find the day and find the collect type. It’s just a bin.

I really hope it’s changed back for 2025. Such an unnecessary change. 

• Like 1

If they don't issue a separate one I'm quite happy to use this year's one again for the schedule. The green/blue colour sequence within each month remains correct, and there's only a difference of one (for Jan & Feb) or two (rest of year) in the day-within-month numbers. Put a note at the top to remind me that the day numbers will be one or two less than those shown, just in case I forget, and we're there.

For the last three years or so Veiola have already been making my green/blue collections one day before what the schedule says, so I'm already used to that, and it's not caused me any problems so far.  And I've already got B conveniently written above all the blue days, as I find the colours not so easy to distinguish if not in bright light.

• Like 2

On 19/12/2023 at 20:12, OutOfFocus said:

I've added a repeating 2 weekly entry into my phone calendar.

I suspect they are saving money by not having to print versions for each collection day of week.

But they’ve sent out the same leaflet, with the day of the week on the front, just no calendar on the back page - instead a pointless profile of 2024 plans! 🙃