3 brand new Rockingham Forge Chef knifes £20

Jazzmatazz86

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Latest Discussions

• 😥 Sorry, somehow my post above was duplicated instead of being merged with this one, and I can't delete all of the duplicated bits. Many moons ago, we used to have fairly regular "Forum Drinks", where forum members could meet up and get to know each other in real life. We met in a different local pub each time, and sometimes had sticky labels with our forum names on. A lot of those original people have moved away, but it has occasionally crossed my mind that it would be nice to start that up again and be able to put more faces to names (not that I ever remember either faces OR names)  Or maybe it is still happening but I'm kept out of the loop 🤣  Many of those pubs we used to go to have now changed out of all recognition, of course. Also there seem to be more families with young children in the area, for whom evening drinks would be difficult. I don't have time to do it, but if anybody else was up for organising it I'd be happy to help. It mainly involves deciding on a date, I imagine trying to get a rough idea of how many people would be interested,  and then booking a suitable sized space in a local pub and telling people about it on here  I don't know how it was arranged before, but maybe some of the longer standing forum users may know. I just used to turn up!
    • Yup, it's 15 year project (I think some elements of it started a year or so ago).  Imagine how annoyed Earl will be when they find out that the new Teaco superstore planned has underground parking for 530 cars....
    • It should have been Thistles, but it was actually Thistells or something, much to my irritation! When it was Le Chardon it was French food I think. If memory serves, the manager was French, and the food was good, but you sometimes had to wait a very long time for it. That must have been in the nineties?  The thistle/chardon  reference was because years and years ago it was a David Greigs, and their logo (probably not called a logo in those days) was a thistle. The room still had (can't remember if it still has, I've only been to Kartuli twice) the original old David Greig tiles on the wall, some with thistles on them. My memory is getting muddled. Before Kartuli, was it there where some poor people tried to open something and everything went wrong? I vaguely remember flooding, and/or a gas leak? And then Covid? Am I mixing it up with somewhere else along that stretch? I don't remember Franklins ever being SE22. When was that?
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In