Dog poo on pavements

CamillaS

Anyone else fed up with the amount of dog poo left on pavements in the area? Particularly bad around Oakhurst Grove, The Gardens and Tyrrell Road… 

Some of it is huge, so presumably a big dog, and left. Today I had to push the pram off the pavement and onto the road for two or three meters as a poo was smeared the whole way down the pavement. 

Is there anything that can be done? Can it be reported to the council? Something has to be done. I am a dog owner and it would never cross my mind to leave a dog poo, in the pavement, road, park, woods, anywhere. IMG_1743.thumb.jpeg.a4d6db917810120b3413d020374965c2.jpeg

There used to be and still is a lot on our Road especially by trees or in the middle of the pavement.  I got fed up navigating the buggy and small child around it all.   I contacted the council many times.  They’d come and clean up the mess within a day or two but then more appears.  

What really annoys me is dog owners who deliberately let their dogs poo on the pavements around schools.   The amount of children I see on a daily basis walking/running  through poo or riding scooters/bicycles through.  It’s absolutely disgusting! 

• Like 1

Heavens it used to be ten times worse, over the last two decades or so 95 percent, probably more, bag their dog poo.  It is one area where legislation, good citizenship, appropriate facilities provided by the council, and nudging people into good behaviour has worked.

I'm sure most including dog owners will agree.

Poo bags should be compostable or biodegradable, but mainly just plastic. Such a shame the government doesn’t regulate single use plastic as they should, that shops sell anything and then people buy whatever without thinking long term. They’re expensive too.

As a dog owner, I notice many people who cannot control their dogs ( eg recall). There should be compulsory training for people.

Shameful behaviour.