Parking fine info

kristen

Hello, 

Does anyone know how much the charge is for parking fines in Southwark?

I parked on Grove Vale where it's free for 30 mins but I forgot to log my car on the PaybyPhone app

(A traffic warden on a motorbike turned up just as I was pulling away.)

Also, is there anyway to check to see if I need to pay a fine without waiting for the letter to come?

The postal service is very intermittent and I'm worried that I will lose the ability to pay 50% by the time the letter arrives.

Thanks

K

As you saw a CEO (traffic warden) pulling away it’s unlikely you were given a PCN as it would have been on the car. CEOs put the PCN on the car. 

No way I can see to check if one was issued or to make a payment without the PCN number. Online is their preferred contact but I did find details under report an enforcement issue. 

[email protected]

0800 138 9081 or 0344 800 2736

The OP appears to accept she was in the wrong and whether you agree with the parking restrictions or not please observe them. I’ve seen more traffic wardens around East Dulwich lately, makes sense. Demand for parking is going to go up as people shop for Christmas. Enforcement will be needed to make sure spaces are available and not occupied by someone who doesn’t think the 30 minute limit applies to them. The restrictions are there and someone might want to park to get a Christmas tree from the Cherry Tree, it won’t take half an hour but being able to park close by will be appreciated. People might be buying more from shops along there than they normally would. We can all help those leaving the car at home isn’t an option for anytime by observing the regulations but even more so in the coming weeks. 

I tried to distract a  traffic warden who was ticketing a car on Grove Vale the other day, Interestingly he told me the opposite side of the road i.e. by the cobblers doesn’t have the same parking  restrictions as the side with the locksmith ( where you have to register your free 30 mins by phone).