Bus to Vauxhall (or clapham junction)

Does anyone know how long it takes to get to Vauxhall via 185 (or change Camberwell) in the morning rush hour.

When is a good (or at least less bad) time - is before 8 or after 8:45 better.

Alternatively getting a 37 to Clapham Junction but my gut feeling is that this will be longer.

Basically - I am trying to get to a train that goes from Waterloo and stops at Vauxhall.

185 to Vauxhall is quicker and more reliable than the 37 to Clapham junction in my experience. Although it can still take up to 40 minutes. You?re probably better off before 8am.

Just make sure you pay your fare mind.

185 tends to be variable in rush hour both in terms of journey time to Vauxhall and frequency as Brendan says up to 40 mins once your on). Jumping on any bus and changing at Camberwell is a bit more hassle/cost but speeds things up.

You can wait for ages for a 37 - if you are prepared to change at Camberwell as JimSmith says you could get the 176 or 40 to Camberwell and then get the 36 or 136(?) to Vauxhall too. The traffic in Brixton is a total nightmare at the moment too due to road works - probably best to avoid if possible.

Camberwell New Road gets pretty clogged up from about 6.45am. I leave ED on the 185 about 7.15am, get off at Camberwell Green and walk to Vauxhall in about 20 minutes. Keep fit and get to the Oval before the bus does. Otherwise, put aside about 40 mins from ED to Vauxhall and definitely travel before 7.45am.

The #37 to Clapham is fine until you get to Clapham Common and Battersea Rise; the traffic is AWFUL. Really, really best avoided during the rush hour. You can get the train to Victoria from Forest Hill, (London Bridge to Victoria). There is also a train that goes to Clapham Junction from Forest Hill, but I think it is one of those few and far between services.